deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Skullbriar, the Walking Grave - One Man Show - Comments  (Read 209 times)

Comment Bot

Skullbriar, the Walking Grave - One Man Show - Comments
« on: October 31, 2018, 01:25:38 pm »
Skullbriar, the Walking Grave - One Man Show

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

Judaspriester

• Decks
Re: Skullbriar, the Walking Grave - One Man Show - Comments
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 01:25:41 pm »
Hey,

first of all, the mana base: are you sure that you need that much tap lands for fixing? I would drop Foul Orchard, Golgari Guildgate, Golgari Rot Farm, Jungle Hollow and Terramorphic Expanse. In stead add 1 Forest, 1 Swamp and a Traveler's Amulet. Then I would cut Yavimaya Elder and Kodama's Reach. You have an average cmc of 2.8, that isn't that high. And with that cuts you would still have 49 cards for mana left (what still seems alot for me).

Then, what about a little more counter synergies? Feast on the Fallen, Mer-Ek Nightblade and Oona's Blackguard could be interesting options.
In stead of Murder you could also play Curtains' Call. it has cmc 6 but in a 4 player round you only have to pay 3 mana to get rid of 2 creatures. Plaguecrafter is another nice removal, if used right.

Some more sources of trample could also be useful, i've taken a look for some interesting cards: Gaea's Embrace, Horned Helm, O-Naginata, Vorrac Battlehorns.
Btw, if your commander has trampe and deathtouch you just have to assign 1 damage to the creature, the rest hits the player. I've noticed that many players dont know about this keyword combo.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Tombold1313

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 01:50:06 pm »
Hey!

Thanks for your thoughts first of all!

Normally i would not run the three tap lands, but because of budget i'm put them into the deck instead of a shockland etc.

You are porbably right about the amount of lands, but before testing a deck, i always take 38 lands.

The 15 mana ramp cards are there because i think that the commander will be targeted a lot of times and therefor a lot of mana will be necessary to recast him. But maybe you're right and there are also too much cards in this section. Anyway, i like ramp a lot. =)

The spot/mass removal section is totally under construction. The really good ones will be bought after playtesting. =) Feast on the Fallen sounds really nice.

Also thanks for reminding me that Gaea's Embrace exists. Would fit perfectly into this deck.

Deathtouch/Trample is a very interesting combo, i was not aware that the rules work like that.

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 02:11:04 pm »
well, if you have got the money, you can run shock lands etc. on a budget i usually prefere playing more basics + some cheap fetch cards like Traveler's Amulet. This usually results in a little smoother game play.

About the ramp: yes, your commander will be a priority target for removals. how many depends much on the play group. Btw, depending on your meta, Assault Suit and Tajuru Preserver could help against sacrifice effects.

hmm.. Since you like ramping that hard, what about Greed in stead of 1 of the other card draw spells? its a little more expensive to play, but allows you to draw more cards in the long term. Besides that, you could use it as mana sink (as long as you have enough life).
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.