deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Session aktualisieren button and then try again.

Autor Thema: Which card is better: Lyra Dawnbringer vs Doom Whisperer  (Gelesen 380 mal)

bradcoish23

• Decks
Which card is better: Lyra Dawnbringer vs Doom Whisperer
« am: November 01, 2018, 06:23:03 Nachmittag »
I'm going to be doing a series of posts where people simply pick which card is the better MTG card and then give reasoning to back it up. You choose your own reasoning for why the card is better (better means different things to different people).

#1 Lyra Dawnbringer vs Doom Whisperer

I feel these two match up very well in power level and both are powerhouses of the standard environment. The 5cmc creature slot is very weak right now in standard, and these two are clearly the two most powerful options on their own. So, which is better and why?

Soren841

• Decks
Re: Which card is better: Lyra Dawnbringer vs Doom Whisperer
« Antwort #1 am: November 01, 2018, 06:27:42 Nachmittag »
Lyra keeps you alive, making it a far more ideal top end than Dpom Whisperer, which has Trample and is 6/6 instead of 5/5. But Lyra has first strike, and has a very good lord effect, also granting lifelink.
Nils is the God I worship

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Antwort #2 am: November 01, 2018, 06:51:49 Nachmittag »
It depends on the deck.

My Karador Shadowborn Apostle deck would want Doom Whisperer over Lyra for obvious reasons whereas the Orzhov life gain deck that does feature some angels to benefit from her buff that I'm building would want Lyra.

Then again, both would fit into a Kaalia deck.
This space for rent.

MonteTribal

• Decks
« Antwort #3 am: November 01, 2018, 07:06:13 Nachmittag »
In a vacuum: Doom Whisperer > Lyra - Doom Whisperer wins in combat. Lyra cannot attack in and win alone vs it. And it can activate its effect right away, giving you some immediate value.

I'd probably say Lyra has a better 'constructed score'. She buffs other angels to be able to beat Doom Whisperer in combat, and lifelink is no joke on a bunch of  fliers.

Soren841

• Decks
« Antwort #4 am: November 01, 2018, 07:31:28 Nachmittag »
You don't necessarily evaluate them based on which beats the other, though.
Nils is the God I worship