deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Guild packs? what about Land packs  (Read 593 times)

Caveman Clay

• Patron
  • Decks
Guild packs? what about Land packs
« on: November 13, 2018, 07:53:00 pm »
Lets think about this. A land pack for each Guild.  4  fetch, 4 fast, 4 check, 4 shock, 4 filter, 4 slow, 8 basic.  all for $25.00
No Foils, (leave the foils for the collectors) Maybe everyone can have some access to affordable lands.  Just saying.   
Est. MTG player 2018.
Goblins collecting 505

Soren841

• Decks
Re: Guild packs? what about Land packs
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 07:54:50 pm »
U can get 1 fetch for $25 lol.
Nils is the God I worship

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 08:33:55 pm »
While I think it's a good idea, it would likely cost the same as a From the Vault set or more, so very few people would buy it.

MonteTribal

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 08:37:49 pm »
I like the idea, and would definitely buy some. But They would never do it for as low a price as 25. While Wizards "does not acknowledge" the secondary market, they are somehow very good at printing cards at rarities that keep those prices afloat.

This would also give people less of an incentive to purchase booster packs, where these good lards are primarily found.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 09:29:12 pm »
What would be more likely is one copy of each. One copy of each fetch land, shock land, etc. This might get closer to that $25 you want.

ORCH1D

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 10:13:33 pm »
For land reprints, I've always had the idea of making masters sets like Dragon's Maze, where instead of the basic land/foil you had nonbasics. You could have fetches at rare, shocks at uncommon and something like the bounce lands at common. This would allow for needed reprints within the set without completely flooding the market. But hey, it seems like that's not going to happen any time soon :P

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2018, 10:12:27 am »
Well, WotC thinks that the masters editions are a premium product, in stead of an needed reprint product to keep the game affordable.  :-\

I would like to see more reprints of the better lands, but i can't imagine something like this will happen.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

ORCH1D

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2018, 11:58:14 am »
Yeah, I think that's mainly due to the fact that the first modern masters sold well above MSRP due to its limited print run, and now WOTC (or Hasbro, it could be Habro) think that it should be a limited product that people will buy anyway because they want it so bad.

As for what we could realistically get, WOTC have shown that they are willing to reprint the fetch lands in standard legal sets, as they did recently in Khans of Tarkir. However, the problem came when they introduced the Battle Lands, which had two basic land types much like the shock lands did and so gave excellent colour fixing (at least for standard) and the format became four-mana good stuff that ran blue just for Jace, Vryn's Prodigy. This means we are probably not getting them whilst the shock lands are still in standard, but it could be a possibility further down the line.

And reprints are on WOTCs mind, as Gavin Verhey said in his article about the guild kits (link). WOTC do listen, and if enough people want the enemy fetch lands to be reprinted they may just do it

So, personally, I am optimistic about the future of reprints. I don't think that a land kit is the answer, as they will most likely just get bought out by investors and their price will shoot up, but I definitely do think we could see fetch land reprints, whether in a standard-legal product or in a suplemental one.

Varatius

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2018, 05:47:24 pm »
I could see something like this being put in effect to the extent of putting one or two non-basic lands into a side package withing booster boxes which i think would be awesome as when i buy packs (most of the time its singles for me) i go big or go home and buy 1-2 booster boxes at a time.

M00S12

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2018, 03:26:08 pm »
It's definitely a way cool product in theory but I fear that stores would sell this for more than MSRP.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2018, 04:30:30 pm »
There would be a buyout pretty much instantly.
Nils is the God I worship

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2018, 04:40:15 pm »
There would be a buyout pretty much instantly.

This. And it would likely be one of the employee buyouts like we've seen before with other products (not necessarily MTG items but we have seen that as well).
This space for rent.