deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Basic Land Types  (Read 234 times)

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
Basic Land Types
« on: November 28, 2018, 04:04:00 am »
Hello all!!!

I was reading the MTG Comprehensive Rules because I am procrastinating writing a lab report and I can across this ruling:

205.3i Lands have their own unique set of subtypes; these subtypes are called
land types.
The land  types are Desert, Forest,  Gate,  Island, Lair, Locus, Mine, Mountain, Plains, Power-Plant, Swamp, Tower, and Urza’s.
Of that list, Forest, Island, Mountain, Plains, and Swamp are the basic land types.

This was all fine and dandy until I noticed the basic land type "waste" is not on there anywhere.

I am fairly certain that this is the most recent version of the rules. I googled mtg comprehensive rules and clicked the first link which took me to the official mtg website and I downloaded the pdf file.

Does anyone know what happened to this basic land type? I mean I never really saw its importance; any other colorless land that doesn't enter tapped is better than this, but of course depending on what was in standard at the time (I don't remember}, I can understand there not being an adequate selection of other colorless mana sources.

My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
Re: Basic Land Types
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 04:19:09 am »
Wastes is not (and never has been) a land type.  It is merely the name of a land.  It is a basic land that has no subtype.

Happy Brewing :)
Happy Brewing!
:)