deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] Sap Swarm  (Read 330 times)

(Gandalf)

• Decks
[EDH / Commander] Sap Swarm
« on: December 03, 2018, 12:23:58 pm »
Sap Swarm

Saprolings are this deck's currency.  Besides attacking and blocking, use them for +1/+1 counters, -1/-1 debuffs, mana ramp, life gain, life loss, deck access and more!  Best to have lots of dice, saproling creature token cards and, maybe, a calculator on hand with this one.
"The world is my country, mankind are my brethren and to do good is my religion." ~Thomas Paine

Judaspriester

• Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Sap Swarm
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 12:45:54 pm »
Hey,

first of all, I would think about your mana base. Rupture Spire and Transguild Promenade may be fine for color fixing, but they really slow you down. I would also cut Scoured Barrens,
Jungle Hollow and Terramorphic Expanse.
With that 5 lands cut, add Sol Ring, Fellwar Stone, Rampant Growth, Golgari Signet and Selesnya Signet. Then I would replace 1-2 Plains and Swamps with Forests, to match your color usage. Ashnod's Altar could also be interesting to transmute your saprolings into mana.
If you want to upgrade the mana base, Canopy Vista, Isolated Chapel, Clifftop Retreat, Sunpetal Grove, Woodland Cemetery.

Then your deck is lacking removal. Do you need none in your playgroup? Disenchant, Crush Contraband, Merciless Eviction, Krosan Grip, Whirlwind (if you have trouble with flyers), Tragic Slip, Darskteel Mutation and Curtains' Call could be interesting. Im sure I could suggest more, but thats a little meta dependent.

If you got money to spend, Dictate of Erebos, Phyrexian Altar and Aura Shards could be interesting upgrades.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.