deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] Artifacts - Would love your feedback!  (Read 91 times)

reigninseattle

• Decks
[EDH / Commander] Artifacts - Would love your feedback!
« on: December 12, 2018, 04:05:55 am »
Artifacts

Brand new here and would love to get your feedback on my deck!  All feedback welcome...even if to tell me a better way to ask for your feedback.  This is my first deck posted here and my first post ever here, actually.  :)

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Artifacts - Would love your feedback!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 04:31:50 am »
This deck appears to be going in a bunch of different directions. You have cards that want lots of artifacts, cards that want lots of creatures, and mana ramp in the form of lands. Your win condition is Mechanized Production, there is barely any removal, there are pillowfort effects... and Bastion Inventor for some reason.

So step 1 is focus. What are you trying to do with this deck? Do you want a mana-ramp heavy deck? Do you want to play artifacts? Do you want to play 5-color? Do you want to win with a combo or combat damage? And do you want to specifically play Ramos, Dragon Engine? I'll need to know what direction you want to take before I can give suggestions.

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 11:46:16 am »
I agree with Morganator. The Deck seems like alot of nice cards thrown together, without any Idea what to do with them.

I've got similar decks and they performed very bad (compared to other decks on the same budget). It took some time, but i've learned, that the right combination of cards is way more important than the overall card quality.

For example: Pili-Pala. If you take a look at this card, you may ask yourself, why I mention it. a 1/1 Flying artifact for 2 mana seems like nothing special, and the untap ability may seem okay, but attacking with him for mana seems like a bad idea. But if we add Grand Architect, this "crappy" 1/1 Artifact produces infinite colored Mana, that can be used for various combos.

My Suggestion: Take your time, get a clear picture what do you want to do with your deck and then start brewing or ask for help.
I don't always agree with Morganator (I think mostly, because I usually think on a different budget/efficiency Level), but he really knows how to build. ;)
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

reigninseattle

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 08:12:55 pm »
Morganator and Judaspriester, thank you for your honest feedback!  I think I'm afraid of not having enough mana when I need to do something.  And yes...trying to be able to respond to whatever might get thrown at me seems to scatter my deck.  I'm going to sit back and think on this a bit and try to focus the deck.  Then I'll come back and see what you think.  Again, thanks so much for the response!