deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Oasis Ritualist + Freed from the Real  (Read 1232 times)

Hephaestus

• Decks
Re: Oasis Ritualist + Freed from the Real
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2018, 02:31:12 am »
If you have freed from the real out it is a blue permanent, and so you can tap bloom tender for blue and green when it is out.  You can have to use the blue to untap though, so you get at most one blue mana that way, but if you have something which filters green to blue you can get infinite blue mana that way.  If you do0n't, well, you still get infinite mana.  Each type you tap bloom tender with freed from the real on it you get GU, and it costs U to untap, so each tap, untap cycle you end up with an extra G.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2018, 02:47:17 am »
Now that we're done with this tangent about Bloom Tender, we still need to make a combo with Oasis Ritualist. Isn't there a deck in modern that uses Axebane Guardian and Freed from the Real? What's the win condition for that deck?

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2018, 10:55:56 am »
Bloom Tender only taps for the color among permanents you control. With just Freed from the Real, it gives you infinite green only. Furthermore, you can never get infinite blue.

Thats true, Oasis Ritualist is a little more flexible, since you can produce endless mana of any color with 2 permanents. But on the other hand the Ritualist also cost 2 more mana, which slows the combo down by 1-2 turns. I think it depends alot on the deck and the format whats better.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2018, 01:31:29 pm »
Actually slows it down by 3 turns because you have to cast it before Freed. It goes from turn 3 combo to turn 6.
Nils is the God I worship

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2018, 02:47:07 pm »
Now that we're done with this tangent about Bloom Tender, we still need to make a combo with Oasis Ritualist. Isn't there a deck in modern that uses Axebane Guardian and Freed from the Real? What's the win condition for that deck?

One I ran in Pauper was Axebane Guardian + Freed from the Real + 1 other creature with defender into something like Kaervek's Torch.

I think (but don't hold me to it), the Modern combos use something similar, like Banefire, or BSZ mostly.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 06:16:43 pm by WWolfe »
This space for rent.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2018, 05:05:20 pm »
I officially have an idea for this
Nils is the God I worship

22jk2

• Rekt.
  • Decks
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2018, 08:33:06 am »
First of all thanks for all the replys!

Bloom Tender is also infinite.

Woah nice! Our spanish(?) friend propably tried to tell us, that we could only create infinite green and that eldrazi could therefore work.

I'm thinking of a helix pinnacle deck. Would definetly fit the curve for a turn 3 win!

T1: Land, Helix Pinnacle
T2: Land, Bloom Tender
T3: Land, Freed from the reel.

Looks nice! What should the rest of the deck consist of? Commune with the Gods and Serum Visions as digging spells and counterspells for the rest? Maybe Oasis Ritualist as Bloom Tender 5 and 6?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers
22jk2
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 09:02:07 am by 22jk2 »
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Git gud or try dfrnt deck.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2018, 04:07:57 pm »
I brewed the deck if you wanna check it out. I like commune a lot actually
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 02:31:47 pm by Soren841 »