deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] EDH Gishath Enrage Naya Dinos, need to cut 9 cards!  (Read 319 times)

chillwolf

• Decks
EDH Gishath Enrage Naya Dinos

Hey all, looking for help to get this down to 100!

I was thinking of removing the creature based ramp, but i am worried that removes a lot of the lower cmc cards. What are your thoughts?

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] EDH Gishath Enrage Naya Dinos, need to cut 9 cards!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 05:03:08 pm »
The 9 that I would remove.

Farhaven Elf: Three mana for one land is way too much.
Grow from the Ashes: both 3 mana for one land and 5 mana for two are not worth it.
Imperial Ceratops: lifegain is largely irrelevant in Commander, unless you gain some advantage off of lifegain triggers.
Make a Stand: I don't think this effect is important for your game plan. Heroic Intervention would be all around better.
New Horizons
Snubhorn Sentry: Even if it started the game as a 3/3, this would not be a good card in commander.
Star of Extinction: There are better boardwipes in these colors
Sun-Crowned Hunters: If this did 3 damage to each opponent, maybe. But it's more important to be able to deal this damage to creatures or planeswalkers.
Thunderherd Migration: Strictly worse Rampant Growth.

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] EDH Gishath Enrage Naya Dinos, need to cut 9 cards!
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 05:37:56 pm »
EDH Gishath Enrage Naya Dinos

Hey all, looking for help to get this down to 100!

I was thinking of removing the creature based ramp, but i am worried that removes a lot of the lower cmc cards. What are your thoughts?

Normally, I would agree with that sentiment.  But since you are playing dinos, and you are trying to make them angry with things like Pyrohemia and Aether Flash, you are going to kill off all of your dorks.  And I would recommend replacing them with some mana rocks so that you still have early plays.

I would cut the following 12 cards:

The 2 guildgates and Stone Quarry: I find 36 lands to be sufficient.  (When you also have sufficient ramp.)
Snubhorn Sentry: ditto what Morganator said about this
Kinjalli's Caller: you have 3 creatures that reduce dino costs.  You don't want to have nothing but these creatures in your hand with no dinos.  This is the one I would cut.
Drover of the Might
Druid of the Anima
Farhaven Elf: as I said before, your enrage enablers will kill off your mana dorks.  Rely on spells for anything that isn't going to attack.
Gigantosaurus: Filling a similar role as Ghalta, but it doesn't even trample
Priest of the Wakening Sun: again, use spells for this type of effect, of which you already have some.
Charging Tuskodon: This doesn't enrage or really add any synergy to your deck.  Your other dinos are better
Reclamation Sage: Again, a creature that will die.  You have a few other means of destroying artifacts.  If you need more, use Naturalize.

With these 12 cards cut, I would recommend adding 3 mana rocks.  I would suggest a Sol Ring and 2 signets.  I would choose Gruul and Selesnya - the ones in green.  They will help you cast your mana ramp spells.  Boros will not.

Also consider replacing some of your other ETB tapped all the time lands with basics.  I would keep the Jungle Shrine, Evolving Wilds and Terramorphic Expanse.  Maybe keep the bounce lands.  Dump the rest.  Do your really want all 3 hideaways?  Put in basics and maybe a Temple of the False God.  If you've got a few duals that don't enter tapped go ahead and put in some, but you'll be fine without them.  Your ramp helps you fix colors.

Also consider that whatever dino you put Lightning Greaves on will not be able to be targeted to enable it's enrage ability.  Consider Swiftfoot Boots for hexproof instead of shroud.

And then I will echo what Morganator said about cards like Thunderherd Migration, Grow from the Ashes and Star of Extinction.  There are better cards (although flavor points for Star of Extinction in a dino deck).  Consider functional upgrades.  In this case "upgrade" means a lower mana cost rather than a different effect.

Happy Brewing!  :)
Happy Brewing!
:)