deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Poll

How many decks do you have?

1-3
10 (27.8%)
4-7
18 (50%)
8-10
3 (8.3%)
10+
5 (13.9%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Voting closed: January 20, 2019, 05:09:04 pm

Author Topic: EDH players- how many decks do you have?  (Read 2737 times)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
EDH players- how many decks do you have?
« on: January 06, 2019, 05:09:05 pm »
I'm at a crossroads, I have 16 decks and am torn between cutting them back to just the ones I play the most (five regularly) and the one that I'm building. Which would enable me to tear some apart and add quite a bit of value to my trade binder and acquire some more expensive cards that I previously had to sale to pay for a divorce, or keeping the ones I don't play for when I just want a change of pace.
This space for rent.

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
Re: EDH players- how many decks do you have?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 05:24:08 pm »
My LGS has Commander night on Mondays.  It runs for 3 hours.  I find that in any given night I usually only play 2 decks, sometimes 3.  On rare occassion I have played 4 in a night.

At any given moment I have at least 3 Commander decks.  I'll sometimes have as many as 6.  Usually at that point I need/want to disassemble some previous decks in order to get the cards I want in the new deck. 

I limit myself to only a single copy of a card across all my decks, save for a short list of cards like Command Tower and Sol Ring (mostly things that have been printed in plenty of Commander precons, as I buy all of those).  This is what causes me to disassemble older decks.  (Plus I become a little bored with them.)

Happy Brewing :)
Happy Brewing!
:)

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 05:42:22 pm »
I own 3 atm bc foiled Yidris ain't cheap. He's $8200 without fouls
Nils is the God I worship

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 05:55:53 pm »
At the moment I have 5, and I usually have around 6. I'm currently building two more decks.

This also means I have 7 Sol Rings, which is excessive on its own.

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2019, 06:02:16 pm »

This also means I have 7 Sol Rings, which is excessive on its own.

I have purchased every Commander precon.  Each has included a Sol Ring.  Plus I owned a couple prior to that.  I have lost count.  I think my Sol Ring inventory is somewhere around 30.  Excessive?  *shoulder shrug*

Happy Brewing  8)
Happy Brewing!
:)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2019, 06:05:05 pm »
I know what you mean about Sol Rings, I have 2 pages of them in my trade binder plus one in almost every deck, and some that are sitting in a binder of EDH staples.

I originally started out trying to complete the Chromatic Challenge, but now that I'm halfway through and don't play more than half the decks I really don't see the need to finish it. If anything I have cards spread out among decks that would make the ones I do have better. (I too try to not duplicate cards across decks unless it's common cards or lands)

This space for rent.

ladof

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2019, 08:29:31 pm »
I used to own 5, now I'm down to one and it's not particularly competitive. I used to be big into edh,but a couple of really bad experiences turned me off the format, so I broke the old ones apart and made some modern/legacy decks and one for fun edh deck for when I'm with friends.
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

devotion_paladin

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2019, 01:29:37 am »
I currently own three full decks at varying stages of "finished" and one WIP. I try to have decks at various power levels so I can play with my friend group (that plays at budget), the local casual group, and at an LGS. I would loathe to tear apart one of my decks... All of them have sweet memories for me.

Manticore

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2019, 02:53:56 am »
Now I have 12 decks and I'm building the 13th with the new Rakdos at the helm. I try to play with all of them, but I admit I really want to build a deck for each color combination even it it is just to have them as a collection.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2019, 02:08:47 pm »
4-7 decks seems to be the popular answer (50% of the votes atm), which is about what I was thinking of dropping mine down to.

Thanks!
This space for rent.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2019, 02:40:26 pm »
There's really no reason to cut down the amount of decks you have unless you're gutting them for a new deck. It's mostly based on cost and personal preference like do you move on to a new deck quickly or do you like options/do you like sticking with a deck.
Nils is the God I worship

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2019, 03:00:35 pm »
There's really no reason to cut down the amount of decks you have unless you're gutting them for a new deck. It's mostly based on cost and personal preference like do you move on to a new deck quickly or do you like options/do you like sticking with a deck.

I'll pretty much be tearing them apart to add some of the cards to decks I have that could use the cards, basically where I try to only use one copy of a card across all my decks this would be rather helpful.
This space for rent.

HowlingLotus

• Uncommon Members
  • Decks
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2019, 06:37:28 pm »
I have four that I keep in tact and tinker with when new sets come out.
One that I keep some cards off to the side and swap with one of my completed decks from time to time.
One I'm currently working on (need cards from Allegiance, Rakdos will be commander).

I'm planning to do more of the second option down the road to allow for more decks with the same card pool. I keep Nekusar, the Mindrazer and cards with black to the side and occasionally swap them in with existing cards I have in my The Locust God deck.
Mainly play Casual Multiplayer and EDH.

Buchi82

• Verrückt nach Magic seit 1996
  • Decks
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2019, 07:28:21 pm »
I own 32 commander decks at the moment. I am a crazy person ;D ;D

LokisBastelstube

• Decks
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2019, 07:44:06 pm »
6 Modern Decks 2 Vintage Decks 2 Legacy Decks 2 Standard Decks 0 Commander Decks