deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] cEDH Tier List  (Read 9144 times)

Soren841

• Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] cEDH Tier List
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2019, 01:10:29 am »
If you can provide lists you think are worthy of a higher placement..
Nils is the God I worship

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2019, 03:43:27 am »
Arjun and Sigarda Heron’s Grace seem a little low to me.

Do you have a list (or two) for me to look at? I would be more than happy to have a peek at an Arjun or Sigarda deck that could go toe-to-toe with the higher tier.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2019, 04:07:56 am »
:thinking: is Morganator like a copy of me but with really delayed posts and better phrasing

WillyG23

• Decks
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2019, 04:32:19 am »
So I just posted to EDH decks on here Elf Nation, and Goblin siege. I would not mind any feed back at all.

Thank you Willy

Slappy T-Rex

• Decks
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2019, 04:47:48 am »
The activated ability is useless in cEDH, and red doesn't add much. Azusa is 1 less and adds 2 land drops instead of 1. There's like a barrier between mana costs and it's more of like a feeling that you get once you've played a lot. There's a relatively small "barrier" between 3 and 4 (turn 2 3 drop is something every deck can do basically every single game, while 4 would need a dork and a free rock) and between 4 and 5+ it's much larger. 4 is still doable relatively easy, while consistently ramping to 5 mana sucks balls. Also burn is pretty unplayed outside of Abrade. And Mono Green is tied for Mono Blue as the best Mono Color in cEDH so it has plenty to do on its own

Fair points. Thanks for the reply.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2019, 08:05:28 pm »
So I've been searching for a little more than a week now, and I think I've narrowed Vannifar down to 3 possible decks.

#1 https://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh/multiplayer-commander-decklists/803528-prime-speaker-vannifar-the-birthing-pod-commander

The advantage with this list is that it has a super detailed primer. The downside is that many of the combo lines use Vitalize, which is searched with Spellseeker. At that point, you may as well play Flash Hulk.

#2 http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/i-cant-believe-its-not-pod-1/

D3sden0va's list is next. The primer is a work is progress, but what's there so far is excellent. A good description of the combo line and the card choices. I'm also not so sure if this combo is better than Flash Hulk

#3 http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/chain-hulk-vannifar-flash-hulk/

This last one is the best choice for a Flash Hulk deck, but unfortunately, the description is garbage.

As it stands, right now I'm leaning towards D3sden0va's list. But I want to do some testing and use statistics to figure which one is best. More on this latter.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2019, 08:10:53 pm »
That last one is mine ur so mean lol.. the description is just like the 2 big questions some dude kept bugging me with so I wrote them down.

Im very far from convinced on Des's list. He runs crap like Selvala and seems to think it's good.. it's just not, and it makes no sense. If u want to help me write a primer that would be great, because I suck at writing and Cal is too busy. You can also test with me on untap.in if you'd like.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 08:37:29 pm by Soren841 »

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2019, 08:39:29 pm »
So here's what I'm thinking. First, we could use a third person. So me, you, and person #3 each tests out one of these decks. The rules are as follows

• You goldfish hands, taking no mulligans.
  • You play that hand until you win, and record which turn you won on.
  • Repeat this 100 times.

So by the end of this, each deck would have been tested 100 times, and we should get a result like:
Turn 1 wins= 2
Turn 2 wins= 23
Turn 3 wins= 36
Turn 4 wins= 25
Turn 5 wins= 10
Turn 6 wins= 4

This will allows us to figure out which deck wins most consistently, without accounting for human error and stax effects. I suggested you take the MTG Salvation list, to eliminate any source of bias.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2019, 08:42:16 pm »
It still could have human error though.. whoever tests it would need to be familiar with everything the deck can do. I'm also thinking about potentially making some more than minor (idk if I'd call them major tho) changes to my list atm. First things first, though, get on untap.in and hmu lol
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 08:44:04 pm by Soren841 »

SharkDance

• Decks
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2019, 06:29:59 pm »
Best list I've seen so far!
Might need another tier to separate things out a bit - Reki History of Kamigawa for example is massively more terrifying than Kongming.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2019, 06:38:45 pm »
This isn't a list for how "scary" a casual deck is.. neither of those commanders do anything, so they're the same tier.

SharkDance

• Decks
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2019, 01:28:18 am »
Wait seriously?  Reki is pretty intense - more limiting than Jhoira, but you get green.
Lots of good cheap green and artifact legendary spells.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2019, 01:31:51 am »
Reki is bad.. Jhoira is good because of artifacts not legends.

SharkDance

• Decks
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2019, 02:22:46 am »
Jhoira is good because of card draw.
Jhoira draws cards under more circumstances than Reki.
Reki is green (ramp is nice) and costs 1 less. 
Reki is still less good - that is not the point - there is a wide gap between Jhoira and Kongming, and a still very respectably large gap between Reki and Kongming.

Play against both a well-made Kongming and Reki deck and try and tell me they're remotely comparable.

Or I guess while we're on the subject compare Adeliz with Gosta Dark and Myojin of Infinite Rage which somehow are in the same "tier".
Adeliz is like a crappy shu-yun which is still massively better than a 10 cost mono-red commander or a 7 cost 4/4 with a useless ability.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2019, 02:49:46 am »
Better but in cEDH they're all useless so it's irrelevant