deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] EDH - Nekusar, the Mindrazer  (Read 718 times)

Adept

• Decks
[EDH / Commander] EDH - Nekusar, the Mindrazer
« on: August 06, 2014, 12:07:50 pm »
EDH - Nekusar, the Mindrazer

I wanted to try a more grindy Nekusar deck without the typical Mind over Matter combos or chaining wheel effects via Dream Halls. I like longer and more casual EDH games, where everyone can enjoy their own and each other's decks and the game isn't over after five turns.

Since my Meta is pretty creature heavy, I tried to reduce the creature count to make better use of stax cards like Overburden, Breathstealers Crypt, Tainted Aether and the like. I think they will do a pretty good job.

Obvious improvements would be stuff like Demonic Tutor over Diabolic Tutor, Vampiric Tutor over Lim-Dûl's Vault, Wheel of Fortune over Wheel of Fate or Jace's Archivist...

The mana base is pretty solid, but of course there's a lot of potential too for better duals/fetch lands. I also thought about adding some more mana rocks, e.g. the talismans, but don't really know what to take out for them.

I don't really like Phyrexian Tyranny and Spiteful Visions for this kind of deck, because it's pretty slow and I often suffer more from the life loss than my opponents. I just don't like dying to my own cards. ;) But since I added more stax cards and also more lifegain recently with Sangromancer and Exquisite Blood, I might give them a try again if it turns out that the lifeloss is less of an issue.

What do you think about my Nekusar approach?