deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: noob Golgari casual deck  (Read 208 times)

Duckypoos

• Decks
noob Golgari casual deck
« on: January 31, 2019, 03:39:26 pm »
My daughter built this deck around the Golgari guild kit released last year,

Can you pass on a bit of advice to improve it but on a budget no super expensive shock lands!

https://deck.tk/9D5i07uV

scoots291

• Decks
Re: noob Golgari casual deck
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 12:29:58 am »
Well its casual it should be if she enjoys it.

If you want a cheap cost removal spell there is walk the plank at the time of this post I think they are going for 15-25 cents non foil. To play they cost 2 black mana at instant. Granted they cant kill merfolk but that is a very exact creature card. Most who play that would be in edh/standard/or modern.

One of my favorite scanvage cards is slitherhead I think are going for 10-15 cents. They cost either 1 green or black. And when they are in the graveyard you can pay 0 and exile it to put a +1/+1 counter on a creature. It may not win games but can both be a chump blocker and a support.

A big problem is you have many ways to put things in the graveyard but no retreaval. Rise from the grave could help with that it the price range of 10-50 cents. Not the best option but a low price cost one.

If you want something that can weaken fliers or an opponent in general there is always obelisk spider. 15-30 cents

Fog is a life saver at instant speed 1 green it prevents all combat damage that turn. 10-45 cents

If you want to troll a player there is perminating mass. For 1 green you get a 1/3 who any creature that battles it becomes perminaing mass. With a 10-20 cent price range.

Going back to removal there is acidic slime. Priced around 15-25 cents. For a 2 green 3 any color you get a 2/2 deathtouch when he enters the battle field destroy an artifact, enchantment or land.

For a simple search card there is one of my standard favorites Adventurous Impulse. For 1 green you look at the top 3 cards of your deck select a creature or land and put it in your hand then put the rest on the bottom of your deck in any order. With a price range 08-16 cents

One last card of mention is gravewalker.  For 20-50 cents you get a 5/5 flyer who can bring back stuff from the graveyard each turn for an additional cost.

I'm not telling you how to make a deck or how you like to play. But here are some cheap cards I think you might like or consider for the deck :3
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 12:34:07 am by scoots291 »

Duckypoos

• Decks
Re: noob Golgari casual deck
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 03:40:15 pm »
Thank you're a diamond.  I will have to edit out any cards that could potentially mess with my decks 1st obviously ;)