deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: I need some help for a breya tokens commander *.*  (Read 789 times)

FerocanX

• Decks
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 03:07:38 am by FerocanX »

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Re: I need some help for a breya tokens commander *.*
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 05:29:38 am »
This deck is actually pretty solid; you have your gameplan and your combos, it just needs a little more consistency.

Start with the lands. Shock lands like Blood Crypt and Godless Shrine are fine, but you want to remove the lands that are forced to enter tapped. Lands like Crumbling Necropolis and Path of Ancestry.

You'll also want to put the signets in your deck. Improving the mana ramp means that you'll be able to do stuff faster.

Finally, adding in some more tutor effects will allow you to get these combos out more consistently. Gamble, Enlightened Tutor, Demonic Tutor, stuff like that.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 05:35:22 am »
The Talisman cycle is better than the Signets fyi.
Nils is the God I worship

FerocanX

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 11:05:34 am »
Hii!! Thanks for your advices!! But i can put more than 100 cards? And what are the talisman cycles? 😅

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2019, 04:11:53 pm »
You cannot put in more than 100 cards.

The talismans that Breya can use are Talisman of Indulgence, Talisman of Progress, and Talisman of Dominance.

Ylhyssia

• I love deck-building :3
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2019, 04:44:45 pm »
My only issue with this deck is that you have very little interaction.

It's easy to fall into the trap of running only cards that are good for your strategy, but running a deck without counterspells or removal is generally speaking a bad idea. Other players who do have removal and counterspells will end up countering you, while you'll have very little answers for what they're doing.

While you do run some forms of interaction, most of them are very expensive.

My suggestions would be:

Dictate of Erebos: cut it for something cheaper, or if you really want to run this type of effects, run Grave Pact instead.

Duplicant: it's a good card, but for 6 mana it shouldn't be considered efficient removal. You really should be running Swords to Plowshares or Path to Exile in this deck.

Fumigate: way too expensive, and if your deck doesn't focus on lifegain, then you don't really need lifegain. Add Wrath of God instead.

Scourglass: also super expensive, though if you can recur it I guess it becomes a bit better. Still, 5 for a removal is a lot. Damnation or Toxic Deluge would probably better.

Spell Swindle: expensive too, the fact that it generates tokens is nice, but will you realistically really have 5 mana open to use this? Counter Spell or Disallow would probably be better.

Spine of Ish Sah: costs freaking 7 mana.

You have to watch your curve, and prioritize interaction you can use at instant speed. Right now you have 11 cards at 5 CMC (this is a LOT), 6 cards at 6 CMC, 3 at 7, and one at 9 CMC.

So right now, 21 cards in your deck are over 5 CMC. That's 21% of your deck. If we don't count lands, 21 out of 62 cards in your deck (so almost 1/3 of the actual cards in your deck) are over 5 CMC. Your deck will be crazy slow unless you reduce this curve, and very often you'll end up with starting hands where you don't do anything for the first 3-4 turns.

On top of that, your deck doesn't have access to Green, which means little access to ramp. This can be compensated in 2 ways: acceleration, or draw, and your deck runs very little of both. Cut some cards that are too expensive, or cards that don't help your overall strategy, and add mana rocks. Signets, Talismans, that kind of thing.

Add Smothering Tithe, it's one of the best ramp White can afford. For draw, Rhystic Study would be the way to go. And as others have said, prioritize lands that don't enter the battlefield tapped, otherwise your deck will be even slower.

Edit: word

FerocanX

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2019, 06:20:13 pm »
Thanks all for your help!! I did some changes but i still have 12 over 5 cost of mana 😂

Ylhyssia

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2019, 06:55:32 pm »
Yet another comment from me.

You said your deck was a token deck, right? If so, you're running way too few cards to support this strategy.

The cards in your deck that create tokens are:

Mirrorworks
Thopter Foundry
Trading Post
Thopter Spy Network
Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast
Saheeli Rai
Tezzeret, Artifice Master
Faerie Artisans
Marionette Master
Sai, Master Thopterist
Wurmcoil Engine

(Left out one of the Tezzeret, since only his ult does it, and you should never rely on a Planeswalker's ult, their + and - should be what you're using the most. Here's the problem with those cards:

Thopter Foundry: only creates one token when sacrificing something, not useful on its own, only as a combo piece (that's why you're running sword, I assume?)
Trading Post: taps to create a token, so only one per turn.
Saheeli Rai: can only create tokens with her minus ability, so can't be used every turn. Saheeli the Gifted would be probably be a better choice.
Faerie Artisans: only one token at a time from it.
Marionette Master: one time effect.
Wurmcoil Engine: expensive, only creates tokens when he dies. One time effect

As you can see, most of these cards do not create tokens in a reliable way. So your deck is highly at risk of running out of gas.

The only cards you have that can repeatedly create tokens are those:

Thopter Spy Network
Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast
Tezzeret, Artifice Master
Sai, Master Thopterist

Mirrorworks relies on creating tokens, if you're not creating tokens, this card is pretty much useless.

This bring me to my 2nd issue with your deck: pulling in too many directions (gosh I've been saying this a lot these past few days). With so little ways to create tokens reliably, you're left with using gimmicks to make tokens (recursion, Blinking, combos). However recursion, blinking and combos are archetypes of their own. If you run a deck that has too little token support, a bit of recursion, a bit of blinking and some combo pieces that do nothing on their own, then your deck doesn't have a clear focus/strategy. You're just running a disjointed deck with pieces that don't fit together. Your deck will end up running out of gas, or you'll have hands full of pieces that don't work well together as they've been included in your deck to only interact with specific cards.

My suggestion would be to go full tokens, and only put cards that support this strategy and cut the rest. (or go full combos, with more tutors, or full recursion, with cards that have good ETB/LTB effects, etc.).

If you go for tokens my suggested cuts would be:

Elixir of Immortality: mostly good in graveyard decks as a way to protect against graveyard hate
Glint-Nest Crane: one time effect, then you're stuck with a bird that does nothing. There are better draw effects or tutors you can add.
Swiftfoot Boots: not worth running only one card that protects your commander as you won't see it in 80% of games.
Sword of the Meek: unless you wanna go full combo, cut it.
Ashnod's Altar: same as above
Darksteel Ingot: replace with any 2 cmc mana rocks, 3 cmc rocks are usually considered bad, and with 4 colors there's many you can choose from.
Manalith: same
Shimmer Myr: way too situational
Sydri, Galvanic Genius: doesn't make tokens.
Brago, King Eternal: helps ETB's/LTB's, cut him unless you're going full blink.
Tamiyo's Journal: expensive for what it does imo, any tutor would probably be better
Sharuum the Hegemon: mostly useful as a combo piece, 6 to recur one card is expensive as hell.
Blightsteel Colossus: waaaaaaay too expensive. Unless you have ways to cheat this into play, cut it (it's great in a Saheeli, the Gifted deck, for example).
Deadeye Navigator: also mostly useful as a combo piece for blink decks.

Basically: pick one strategy, and focus your deck around it.

TolueneCat

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2019, 06:58:16 pm »
Thanks all for your help!! I did some changes but i still have 12 over 5 cost of mana 😂

It's okay to have some high cost cards in EDH, as the game tends to take a while and ramp strongly. Compared to Standard, heavy cost cards are much more likely to see play.

Ylhyssia

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2019, 08:08:39 pm »

It's okay to have some high cost cards in EDH, as the game tends to take a while and ramp strongly. Compared to Standard, heavy cost cards are much more likely to see play.

You can have more higher CMC cards than in a standard deck, sure, but you should still watch your curve to ensure you have enough stuff to play during the turns 1-4.

10+ cards over 5 CMC was definitely too much. The only decks that can afford this are decks that focus on creating absurd amount of mana as part of their strategy, or decks that focus on cheating stuff into play (Saheeli, Braids, etc.).

The faster you want your deck to be, the lower your curve and average CMC should be (especially without ramp). Having a low curve and lots of stuff at 1-3 CMC also makes it so there's less chance to have an opening hand with only stuff that costs 5+, because if you don't play anything until turn 5, then you'll be at a disadvantage.

FerocanX

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2019, 08:44:14 pm »
Nice im learning a lot from you guys!! its my first commander deck!, I wanted to do a token version with some blink and sacrifice tokens with fulgotra master to get out the colossus O.O, but it didnt work xD (Sorry for my english XD)...
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 08:45:49 pm by FerocanX »