deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tópico: [EDH / Commander] Atraxa, Praetor's Moist ;)  (Lida 1867 vezes)

ghoulboy

• Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Atraxa, Praetor's Moist ;)
« Responder #15 em: Agosto 30, 2018, 01:06:33 am »
@Morganator 2.0

I honestly am really interested in making a Krenko Deck. But in regards to this one I feel like that's kinda the game I'm playing with infect. It's like a simpler task to theoretically do 10 (30 total) combat damage, less if I get a few proliferate counters out.

I am interested in playing Rafiq of the Many ecause I like the idea of exalted being able to potentially one shot somebody with commander damage - especially with all the unblockable in blue. I think by thinning my deck of black cards and proliferators will open up my deck drastically, stick some more Swords in there. I don't know for sure but I think it might be more advantageous than infect.

@ Soren841
That's about as high as I want to get - not playing cEDH just looking to improve my deck at a casual table

Bout to make some big changes to the deck as is, got these in the mail:  Eternal Witness, Ancient Tomb, Vampiric Tutor, Mystic Tutor, Mystic Remora, BoP, Forbidden Orchard and Exotic Orchard, City of Brass, Mana Confluence, Hallowed Fountain, Gemstone Mine, Tarnished Citadel, and (drum roll) Mana Vault

So I guess my thoughts are more how I can continue to optimize and make my deck more powerful

Thank you guys,
GB

ghoulboy

• Decks
« Responder #16 em: Agosto 30, 2018, 01:52:00 am »
Also I just wanted to know about some win con's other than beat down you guys suggest, a few nice combos I could collect the pieces to with my tutors

Soren841

• Decks
« Responder #17 em: Agosto 30, 2018, 02:41:07 am »
Tarnished Citadel is kinda bad
Nils is the God I worship

nickelphoenix

• Casual EDH player studying the ways of Witch-Maw.
  • Decks
« Responder #18 em: Fevereiro 07, 2019, 02:04:00 am »
I have learned a lot in recent months from a lot of the brightest minds on this forum. Some of these individuals have already commented. One of the best peices of advice I have received recently is that my decks lack clarity and focus. I’m not trying to be being mean, but I feel this way looking through this list. Very busy, a lot of different mechanisms, all trying to do a lot of different types of work. Don’t get me wrong... Good cards, strong cards, but they don’t all gel together well in one strategy.
« Última modificação: Fevereiro 07, 2019, 02:09:03 am por nickelphoenix »

nickelphoenix

• Decks
« Responder #19 em: Fevereiro 07, 2019, 02:15:04 am »
Also I just read your comment in the description about running cards that will increase you mana curve.

No. I’m serious. Atraxa is a smoking fast aggro commander, simic shenanigans can make these decks so unbelievably fast on hobby budgets it literally hurts hey head when I’m playing against them. Don’t bog it down by raising your curve too high. Run one or two fatties that fit into an overall synergy. But don’t go over board.

nickelphoenix

• Decks
« Responder #20 em: Fevereiro 07, 2019, 02:24:05 am »
"Infect is both hated and not the best way to win."

I understand that, but this is why I made this deck advice thread: I'm trying to optimize my Atraxa deck and I have a multitude of themes, however I am looking for advice on where to take it. Are you holding back on stronger wincons for an Atraxa deck? I'm open to taking it another path. My problem with the +1/+1 route is that it's very easy to get knocked down by boardwipes - especially with massive creatures that create a lot of aggro. My only other thought is I could change the commander - but I want to keep the witchmaw colors. I guess I could transform this into a Thrasios, Triton Hero / Tymna the Weaver deck but I am definitely way behind in terms of effective cards for that play-style.

Thanks,
GB

Don’t worry about infect. Everyone has that one deck everyone at the table hates. You know why? Cause it’s usually their best one.  ;)

Soren841

• Decks
« Responder #21 em: Fevereiro 07, 2019, 02:55:54 am »
Except infect is the sole target until they die, and it will probably never win a 4 person pod.
Nils is the God I worship

Edephos

• Tapping Left
  • Decks
« Responder #22 em: Fevereiro 07, 2019, 05:03:12 am »
Altraxa is flexible.  Make that part of the fun.  I agree with the other commenters suggesting focus.   But that doesn't mean you are locked into a list or theme forever.   Yes, pick a theme/build and refine it.  For example, make the best Infect Altraxa you can make.  It's infect, you aren't going to make any friends.   When you get hated out, switch the focus.  Next time, show up with a SuperFriends Altraxa work in progress.  Refine that theme over time.  Then move on to Counter Combo Altraxa.  Then Voltron, etc, etc.  After you have the first few, occasionally return to your old refine lists.

Eventually, you will reveal Altraxa as your planeswalker and your playgroup still won't be able to put you on which of your four versions of Altraxa it actually is.  This also works with Animar.

It's time to shelve it for another commander if your playgroup starts including cards like Leeches and Solemnity.  Before doing so, mock them for being so tilted by your deck they have actively made their deck weaker to beat you.

ghoulboy

• Decks
« Responder #23 em: Fevereiro 07, 2019, 06:28:50 am »
Thank you guys for all of your advice, I agree about the focus issues, this deck was more a witch-maw goodstuff deck than any one coherent thing. It went through trial and testimony. From hating to being hated. My Atraxa deck began innocently, as a Timmy deck - fun. Then, I learned the cruel ways of control - and watched my creatures get knocked down again and again. Kalonian Hydra? no way. I became angered, and turned to infect - I quickly learned the ways of poison counters, and the Hatred that comes with. My deck evolved into a voltron build, and took joy in commander damage kills.

Over winterbreak, this deck was deconstructed to fuel my Sigarda voltron deck - All the Selesnyan cards I had no idea why I purchased, finally found a proper home. Thank you all for your insightful comments, please note the status of this deck in my Retired folder.

GB