deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim - Comments  (Read 542 times)

Comment Bot

Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim - Comments
« on: February 07, 2019, 06:11:28 pm »
Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

nickelphoenix

• Casual EDH player studying the ways of Witch-Maw.
  • Decks
Re: Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim - Comments
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 06:11:28 pm »
This is pretty good as far as lifegain goes. But, ...

Ayli makes a really good commander for a combo deck.

She Also is a fantastic sac outlet on a stick for "token traffic" in a token strategy. Or Aristocrat traffic in an aristocrat + reanimation strategy.

There is several components from all three synergies mixed together in here. Should try to narrow in and focus on one.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 06:13:42 pm by nickelphoenix »

SolidSora

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 06:51:07 pm »
I know that. But i wanted a deck that utilizes every aspect of her i some way, with a lot of focus on removal in combination with recursion.

Also this is not meant as a top tier deck. I hate those. I on purpose didnt include stuff like Test of Endurance or Exquisite Blood since its just boring to play.

Tested this deck 3 times so far and it gets out pretty fast and politics wise it pretty great, since i can always hold a gun to someones creatures head (or several with some of the combo stuff).

I understand what you are saying and i also looked into those decks, but this deck is build this way for a reason. Maybe some stuff will change from further testing down the line, but so far it has worked wonders.

nickelphoenix

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 02:25:58 am »
I until very recently was using the same approach and philosophy. I wanted a bit of everything in my decks and lots of awnsers to what I knew were deck weaknesses.

Decisions like that do tend to be made with your usual group/pod metagame in mind. If the metas your in allow it, and its fun to play then that is indeed what it’s all about.

:)

nickelphoenix

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2019, 02:32:10 am »

Also this is not meant as a top tier deck. I hate those. I on purpose didnt include stuff like Test of Endurance or Exquisite Blood since its just boring to play.

:o :o :o

I don’t like scoring wins with Exquiste Blood and Sanguine Bond either. I see it as cheating a win like Felidar Sovereign or Revel in Riches.

But Exquisite Blood on its own is one of the most useful cards ever printed.

Plagueis0

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2019, 02:10:17 pm »
Hi! I like your list and i think its great that playing a fun deck means more than playing a competative deck. Do you have any plans to make any updates since ravnica allegiance was released?

SolidSora

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2019, 08:05:31 pm »
I will definitivly update the list. I dont know how much of Ravnica allegiance will make it in. I still need to test this version more until i make more changes. I tend to make to much decks and then take an eternity to test them^^ but it works as a deck