deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Help with my Muldrotha EDH  (Read 331 times)

Adamnasa

• Decks
Help with my Muldrotha EDH
« on: February 10, 2019, 12:27:11 am »
So I've made a bunch of cuts, down from almost 200 cards. I am at 114 cards, I need to add ten more lands, and cut approx 15 creatures and 10 others. I forgot to add that the sideboard isn't really a sideboard, it's just the cards I've removed thus far from the deck. If you think any of those should go back in and others removed, I am all ears. I did it this way so you can see what cards I own that COULD go in the deck. This way I can avoid suggestions of things I don't own and couldn't put in if I wanted. Hope that makes sense.

Anyone care to chime in to help me get there that last little way?

THANKS!

https://deckstats.net/decks/125436/1207025-muldrotha-the-gravetide-first-
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 12:29:23 am by Adamnasa »

Adamnasa

• Decks
Re: Help with my Muldrotha EDH
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 12:52:36 am »
I also am not familiar with the combos that are supposed to work with Muldrotha. If I cut an obvious card that's supposed to work with another one, feel free to point that out. Just cruise over to my sideboard to see if it's over there.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 04:02:33 am »
The cards in your sideboard that you might want to consider putting back in are Golgari Signet, Harvester of Souls, Lightning Greaves, Manglehorn, Merciless Executioner, Reality Shift, Rishkar's Expertise, and Sensei's Divining Top.

But we'll deal with that later. For now, let's remove some cards.

Encrust can go; unless there is some specific artifact in your meta, I don't see why you wouldn't just use artifact removal instead.
Maelstrom Pulse isn't that great in commander; it's a 3 mana sorcery.
Nissa, Steward of Elements is a strange planeswalker. You don't have enough top-deck manipulation to use her (the scry effect is marginal).
Planar Bridge is way to much mana for what it does, and you have very little mana ramp in this deck.
Unless there is a token deck in your meta, you can get rid of Virulent Plague.
What is the combo with Laboratory Maniac? I don't see any way for you to draw your whole deck. If you don't have one, just remove it.

This gives us 4 additional cards to slot in. I would go with Golgari Signet, Manglehorn, Rishkar's Expertise, and Sensei's Divining Top.

Adamnasa

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 03:07:01 pm »
My reasoning for Laboratory Maniac is I thought I had a fair amount of card draw in this deck. I am pretty bad at making these decks, so no offense taking if you tell me I am wrong. Thanks for the help so far.

Adamnasa

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2019, 03:08:46 pm »
I also forgot to reply that there are a fair amount of token decks in my meta. A goblin deck and a Rhy's the Redeemed deck. That's why I have that enchantment in there.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2019, 07:22:08 pm »
Disclaimer: I have no idea how to build a Muldrotha deck outside the obvious "recur creatures with powerful ETB effects".

Just looking at the EDHRec Muldrotha page, you are missing a lot of fantastic cards, like:
Mulldrifter
Shriekmaw
Sakura-Tribe Elder
Fleshbag Marauder
Eternal Witness
World Shaper
Underrealm Lich

You seem to only have Mulldrifter and Eternal Witness in your list of "sideboard" cards, but they work really well with Muldrotha. I'd like to add those to Morganator 2.0's list of cards that need to be in your deck.
Maybe you aren't building your deck like a creature deck that sacrifices creatures and recurs them with Muldrotha's ability. If not, then some of the listed cards are a little worse.

Some cards I noticed that don't work too well with this deck:
Silent Arbiter (pretty focused hate, but if you're really worried about those token decks, leave it in)
Ulvenwald Hydra (Muldrotha's ability makes it so you can hit your land drops easier, but you aren't running a land-focused deck so you lose some value)
Vizier of Tumbling Sands (not a lot of good targets for Vizier's ability. The cycling makes it a little more enticing, but I like Mulldrifter better as a blue (evoked) 3-drop)