deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Ulrich of the Krallenhorde - Comments  (Read 418 times)

Comment Bot

Ulrich of the Krallenhorde - Comments
« on: March 03, 2019, 01:52:27 pm »
Ulrich of the Krallenhorde

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

SMFrenzel

• (primary) chaos and THG builded decks
  • Decks
Re: Ulrich of the Krallenhorde - Comments
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 01:52:27 pm »
Does it work ?
I also had a tribal Werewolf Commander deck, but it was too slow and not able to resist against the other decks...

RedSonGoneGreen

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 02:01:46 pm »
I've only tried it once so far, was running against snake tribal, an enchantment deck and a dinosaur deck. I was able to use Kruin Outlaw transformed (with doublestrike) with Ulrich's human form +4/+4 ability and Pathbreaker Ibex to finish off the snake deck. I think I also had a couple creatures out to hit the Enchantment deck but was ultimately defeated by the Dinosaurs. I don't know that it will ever be my most competitive deck but it was a fun deck to play. Our group is meeting up either today or tomorrow, I'll let you know how it does!

SMFrenzel

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 10:23:34 am »
Do it :)

Just regarding Ulrich as Commander... it doesn't really make sense to use Immerwolf, does it ?

I guess, this is the biggest problem of a Werwolve tribal Commander deck: the flipping Wolves flip too rarely....

RedSonGoneGreen

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2019, 01:41:05 pm »
Yeah the flipping can be difficult to land, ooooh good point on Immerwolf! I can see him being good if you have a bunch of other werewolves out that have already flipped, but yeah as soon as you lose Ulrich's human ability some of the stuff I have in here doesn't work so well, I actually just added Wild Beastmaster and Gruul Beastmaster to use with that ability too...hmmm Immerwolf may come out after all.

So our game was a little bizarre, was playing against Teneb the Harvester, Tibor and Lumia and Daxos the Returned. Teneb used Elvish Piper to cheat in Pathrazer of Ulamog and Daxos got to pretty quick build early on as well. I was however able to use the threat of playing my commander and bluffing that I had a fight card in hand to deter Teneb from attacking me. There was a bit of a mad dash to get the pathrazer off the board which ended up with Tibor and Lumia using basilisk collar to deathtouch everything without flying...which left my board state pretty mild for the first part of the game haha.

SMFrenzel

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2019, 03:01:42 pm »
So you changed the Commander now ?