deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Budget Gate Deck. Please offer advice if capable.  (Read 218 times)

Earth2Fire

• Decks
Budget Gate Deck. Please offer advice if capable.
« on: March 13, 2019, 09:42:08 pm »
https://deckstats.net/decks/79048/1233723-budget-gate-draw-ramp

Basically a ramp deck. Relies on Gates Ablaze and Deafening Clarion to aid in the stalling process. Then it goes all in on card draw, using Gateway Sneak and Guild Summit, to draw even more gates, for more ramp, and more gate synergy.

Please give opinions. Don't just down vote. I know it's pretty bad but I haven't played in a long time and need to pick someones brain.

Earth2Fire

• Decks

MonteTribal

• Decks
Re: Budget Gate Deck. Please offer advice if capable.
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 09:07:20 pm »
I think Archway Angel is better than the gargoyle. Gaining life keeps you in the game when you are this slow of a deck. Similarly, I would want 3-4 Plaza of Harmony for the life and the untapped multiland. Not a huge fan of Gateway sneak, just seems like a bad attacker.

Take those with a grain of salt, I tend to play gates as a slow build: ramp as many gates as fast as you can, then start dropping bombs like 2 Colossus or Rams. Mass Manip is nice, but you don't really have much ramp, just the 4 Growth Spiral. Hopefully it isn't too slow

Earth2Fire

• Decks
Re: Budget Gate Deck. Please offer advice if capable.
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2019, 01:17:50 pm »
I think I might sideboard gargoyle and put in archway angel. The gargoyle isn't bad actually. 9/9 flying for 6 mana, survives gates ablaze too so has some extra synergy over angel.  I think angel is probably the safer choice though.