deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Pauper] Mono Black Affinity  (Read 268 times)

Arex11

• Decks
[Pauper] Mono Black Affinity
« on: March 15, 2019, 11:10:04 am »
Mono Black Affinity

Wanted to build Affinity but just utilising Black. Costly Plunder seems fun as there will always be an Artifact around to sac and draw two from. Disciple of the Vault is my main concern as it easily dies to anything and everything and is it really worth it? I'm thinking Vault Skirge in its place?

MonteTribal

• Decks
Re: [Pauper] Mono Black Affinity
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 04:05:44 pm »
Disciple of the Vault is more of a combo piece with Atog than anything else. Without it, it just does a few points of damage.  I think it would be good to remove in this shell. Similarly, Prophetic Prism and Ichor Wellspring are just 2 mana draw a card here, with minimal upside in Costly Plunder. If you had more sac outlets, or a repeatable sac outlet, Ichor Wellspring would be much better. Prism does not fix any of your mana, i think Metalspinner's Puzzleknot would be strict upgrade over it.

Some other Black artifacts you could look into: Necrogen Spellbomb for disruption, Moonglove Extract for reach or removal.

Arex11

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 08:25:54 am »
Good call! I'm really not a fan of Disciple of the Vault so yeah, I'm down for getting rid of him haha. I love the Metalspinner's Puzzleknot and Necrogen Spellbomb ideas. Consider them in. I'll have another fiddle and work these changes. Cheers!

Arex11

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 08:33:47 am »
Removed Disciple and added, Spellbomb, puzzleknot and thought if I'm going "affinity" I may as well throw in frogmite and see how it goes?

Revision 3

Added/removed cards:
-4 Disciple of the Vault
-4 Ichor Wellspring
-3 Prophetic Prism
-2 Springleaf Drum
+4 Frogmite
+3 Metalspinner's Puzzleknot
+4 Necrogen Spellbomb

Changed amounts:
+1 Executioner's Capsule
+1 Flayer Husk