deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Whealth, Debt & Death (Teysa, Orzhov Scion Aristocrats) - Comments  (Read 149 times)

Comment Bot

Whealth, Debt & Death (Teysa, Orzhov Scion Aristocrats)

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

Ylhyssia

• I love deck-building :3
  • Decks
Re: Whealth, Debt & Death (Teysa, Orzhov Scion Aristocrats) - Comments
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 04:54:44 pm »
Just adding some notes to detail some of the changes I recently made:

I removed Athreos and Regna, The redeemer, and added Mimic Vat and Idyllic Tutor instead.

Ahtreos ended up not performing the way I thought he would. Most of the non-tokens in this deck are so significant that Athreos wasn't acting as a recursion tool, since everyone really wanted my creatures to hit my graveyard. So he was mostly draining people, and while this is nice, this isn't exactly what this deck aims to do (which is creating value engines). Mimic Vat has the exact same mana cost as Athreos, and does what I wanted him to do: get more value out of my creatures. So far, this card has been crazy in this deck. Getting back your Elenda, or getting 4 tokens out of a Grave Titan token in one turn is pretty absurd. On top of that, it synergizes with Anointed procession for maximum shenanigans. This card performs well so far.

On top of that, most of the creatures in the deck are black, and since the token gets exiled at our end step anyway, we can simply sac it before it gets exiled to get a spirit out of our commander, which gives us more board presence and possibly more removal.

Regna was a hard card to cut. She really makes more sense in my Teysa Karlov version of the deck, since she gives lifelink to all tokens (and therefore Regna has an easier time triggering even if Krav gets removed). But with Ozhov Scion at the helm, the lifegain in the deck is minimal, and Krav is so good that he's essentially a removal magnet, so I had a few times where Regna chilled on the board doing pretty much nothing, and I want my 6 drops to have enough impact on their own to justify a place in the deck. So she got cut for Idyllic Tutor, a good way to go get our best enchantments (and there are many of those in this list).

Currently possibly looking for a spot for either Increasing Devotion (which was in my starting-budget-version of the deck, and this card performed really well so far) or Sengir Autocrat for potential black sac fodder.

Ylhyssia

• I love deck-building :3
  • Decks
Re: Whealth, Debt & Death (Teysa, Orzhov Scion Aristocrats) - Comments
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 05:37:06 pm »
Recent changes:

-1 Falkenrath Noble
-1 Divine Visitation
+1 Cruel Celebrant
+1 Liliana, Dreadhorde General

Cruel Celebrant is 100% an upgrade over Falkenrath Noble, and only costs 2 mana instead of 4.

Liliana is just... wow, I have no words. She gives draw, an edict effect, tokens, this card is expensive, but oh so amazing.

I decided to cut Divine Visitation to add the new Liliana instead, and the reason for that is that Divine Visitation is mostly used as a combo piece (and an expensive one at that) with Requiem Angel but it doesn't do a lot by itself. It gives me big 4/4, which usually make me a threat, and a target, and while the angels can be used as a win-con, this isn't what my deck aims to do.

Requiem Angel stays in for now, since she allows me to get more tokens whenever a non-spirit dies, but if she under-performs now that Divine Visitation is gone, I may end up cutting her as well.