deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] Queen Marchesa [WIP]  (Read 183 times)

TheUltimateXD

• Decks
[EDH / Commander] Queen Marchesa [WIP]
« on: March 27, 2019, 02:47:53 pm »
[url=https://cards.deckstats.net/magiccard.php?utf8=1&lng=en&card=Queen+Marchesa]Queen Marchesa [WIP][/url]

Hello! I am looking for any tips or advice on this draft of Queen Marchesa that Im brewing.
The idea behind the deck is to play control/pillowfort early and take over the late game with HUGE creatures like Brisela or pump my team with buffs with the archetypes. Alternate wins include Insurrection to swing the game my way, a huge Torment of Hailfire (maybe even reverberated), or the Teferi's Protection/Lethal Vapors combo.

Thanks in advance!

Ylhyssia

• I love deck-building :3
  • Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Queen Marchesa [WIP]
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 04:25:04 pm »
If I were you I wouldn't run Cabal Coffers in this deck, as you don't run enough swamps to make it work, this means most of the time, this card will be a dead land drop for you unless you have a reliable way to go get Urborg, which you don't.

If you want to play it, I'd suggest running Weathered Wayfarer (replace a suboptimal ramp card, like Black Market (this card is usually too slow unless you can abuse it the turn it is cast, which is usually more of an Aristocrats thing).

I'd also suggest to cut Temple of Malice, Temple of Silence and Temple of Triumph. Three tapped lands is too much for a 3 colored deck. There are better lands you can add instead that won't enter the battlefield tapped. You run no green and no blue, so everything that slows your deck down must be cut.

Ruthless Knave: not a fan of this card, doesn't seem like it's that useful since you won't really have enough fodder to make it work reliably (more on that later). I feel like Treasure Map / Treasure Cove would be a much better option, especially since you run Enlightened Tutor to go fetch Smothering Tithe to go along with it.

As far as tokens are concerned, I'd cut Anointed Procession. It's an excellent card in token decks, but with so few token generators, I don't think running it is worth it. Assemble the Legion is great in almost any decks though, definitely keep that. I'd also cut Ophiomancer, since it only creates a snake when you don't have any snakes. A more reliable token generator would be Bitterblossom, if your budget allows it. If you were going for this card for the deathtouch to protect yourself, consider running No Mercy instead, to go along Crawlspace and Ghostly prison, it's a very good protection card.

I'd also cut all recursion from your deck. Seems like your deck may have too many subthemes going on, and I don't think 4 sources of recursion (especially expensive ones) will be reliable. Cutting these 4 cards would allow you to run other cards in your other categories, and I feel like this would probably be better to focus your strategy.

You could also run cards that force your opponents to kill each other, like Varchild, Betrayer of Kjeldor, or Rite of the Raging Storm or Disrupt Decorum.

TheUltimateXD

• Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Queen Marchesa [WIP]
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 04:33:24 pm »
Awesome reply! I dig the feedback. The only reason I put Ruthless Knave in the deck was the potential synergy with Smothering Tithe, anointed procession, and my commander. With Smothering Tithe, any unneeded treasures can be cashed for card draw. With Marchesa, any assassin tokens that I don't need could potentially be used to create treasures. With anointed procession, Marchesa makes two hasty deathtouchers and Smothering Tithe goes nuts by making 2 treasures per, and the Knave makes 4 treasures off of its first ability. Ill definitely take your advice to heart though! Thank you!