deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] Enchantress Prison  (Read 501 times)

hypostatic

• Decks
[EDH / Commander] Enchantress Prison
« on: April 02, 2019, 05:06:25 am »
Enchantress Prison

This is my first attempt at a Commander deck. I did quite a lot of research on this but would love feedback. The deck revolves around enchantresses and prison elements (two of my favorite things in MTG), but also has some fun cards like Omniscience and Temporal Manipulation for use if I can ramp up. I realize I don't have any board wipe cards--let me know your thoughts on that given this setup.

Cards are categorized by what they do, not necessarily what type they are (sorry if that's confusing).

HolyBird2000

• Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Enchantress Prison
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 05:28:57 am »
Looks nice, I'm assuming Tuvasa is commander.  If so, since you have card draw on a body, if you REALLY want to play prison, throw in Solitary Confinement.  I'm a little confused as to why all your enchantress effects are labeled as ramp, but if you can get out a few of those along with Solitary, you basically can't die as long as you keep it alive.  Kinda gross, you can maybe throw in a monarch card or 2 to help with the draw even more.  You probably should add in a couple Wrath of God-esque effects or something of the like to help you stabilize, but if you don't want to and play enough tutors you could theoretically get stuff going quick enough to block out attacks, a la Ghostly Prison, Sphere of Safety etc.  Otherwise, looks good.  Just a basic, classic enchantress shell.  Enjoy :p (Oh, and Blind Obedience is arguably better than Authority of the Consuls, but I think that's a personal choice).
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 05:31:07 am by HolyBird2000 »

hypostatic

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 07:05:05 pm »
Thanks! Very helpful comments (“ramp” should have read “card draw”, which I’ve now fixed). Really appreciate it.

Anyone else?

firebrand549

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2019, 04:04:30 am »
Love it! Disclaimer: also not a super experienced EDH builder, but I have seen a lot of good enchantress builds and this is certainly up there. Cards you could look into if you haven’t already:
Nylea’s Colossus: it’s big, and once it’s out it’ll trigger often. Not sure what I’d drop for it, but if you play this deck some and realize you need another big threat, this could work.
Lure + Venom: Together, these turn any attack into a one-player creature wipe. Venom is the old version of deathtouch, it just doesn’t rely on combat damage. Especially useful if your creature survives its first swing, of course.
Taunting Elf: Basically Lure but as a creature. Admittedly useless without Venom (or another deathtouch-granting effect).
Bow of Nylea: Combos with Lure or Taunting Elf, also makes you very scary to attack into.
Glistener Elf: I’m a big fan of infect, especially in EDH, because it’ll turn 10 damage into a kill rather than just a scratch. Especially useful since you have enough enchantments to easily pump a regular old creature to a 10 damage infect killer.

These are just a few suggestions (all in green, sorry), hope they help at least as a starting point for continuing to refine this great idea!