deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: War of the Sparks Official Trailer  (Read 424 times)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
This space for rent.

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
Re: War of the Sparks Official Trailer
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 12:00:04 am »
So I've watched it a few times, and the biggest thing I've noticed is what is fairly obvious. Liliana sees the two people in the rubble. Possibly mother and son or brother and sister, and she is disheartened at her pact that bolas has with her.

Quick digression. Liliana made a pact of immortality with 4 demons. Razaketh, belenzolk, kothowhatever and griselbrand. The pact was brokered by bolas, so when the 4 demons died, she expected to be free of servitude, but became bolas's servant and now has to do his bidding to the pact will kill and disintegrate her.

Bolas looks at her in the trailer like "that's two more people to join my army, raise them!!" And she turns to do it, but thinks back to her brother who she turned into a zombie by mistake. Josh vess. (He got a card in dominaria) and cant do it, she turns against bolas, showing that she does have a conscience, and orders the eternals to attack him, breaking her pact and knowingly killing herself. Her scream at the end is beautiful and chilling.

I dont understand this one thing.

The trailer seems to show everything be rewound. Gideon's is over run and dark fayden is dead, the boy and girl are under rubble, and everything slowly gets undone. Then it happens all over again. Why, I cant figure out. I dont know what this means.
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 03:11:15 am »
The trailer seems to show everything be rewound. Gideon's is over run and dark fayden is dead, the boy and girl are under rubble, and everything slowly gets undone. Then it happens all over again. Why, I cant figure out. I dont know what this means.

I figure that was either just for effect so the viewer could figure out what is going on ... OR ... it was Teferi, Time Raveler.

:)
Happy Brewing!

Red_Wyrm

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 03:34:10 am »

I figure that was either just for effect so the viewer could figure out what is going on ... OR ... it was Teferi, Time Raveler.

it could very well be Teferi. He was on Dominaria with liliana and helped her defeat Belzenlok. This means he knows about Josu Vess, Lich Knight and how Liliana wasn't found of what she say. Perhaps he knew that she regretted her actions, and if given a second chance, she would turn on bolas. And so he gave her that second chance by reversing time.

Edit: Maybe I am reading too much into this? I hope it wasn't just for the viewer.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 03:41:13 am by Red_Wyrm »
My King Baby said yes!

Please, it is Red

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2019, 01:55:26 pm »
I hope the zombie army tokens look like the ones in the trailer!
This space for rent.

Red_Wyrm

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2019, 05:57:48 pm »

YES!!! That is exactly what I want. Although they won't be zombie tokens, so I can't replace my ugly 2/2 zombie tokens with them.
My King Baby said yes!

Please, it is Red

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2019, 11:25:10 pm »

YES!!! That is exactly what I want. Although they won't be zombie tokens, so I can't replace my ugly 2/2 zombie tokens with them.

The Liliana for this set produces 2/2 zombies, so for synergy sake maybe we'll get lucky and they'll make those look the same.
This space for rent.

Red_Wyrm

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2019, 11:45:08 pm »

The Liliana for this set produces 2/2 zombies, so for synergy sake maybe we'll get lucky and they'll make those look the same.

Fingers crossed. I feel like they simply cannot make plain old zombies for her because of the trailer and the emphasis they put on her in it. It seems like they want her to be the face of the set, above bolas.

My King Baby said yes!

Please, it is Red

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2019, 12:33:08 am »

These are the 3 Zombie Army tokens.  Previewed on the War of the Spark Mechanics page from WotC

Happy Brewing!

Red_Wyrm

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2019, 01:53:52 am »

These are the 3 Zombie Army tokens.  Previewed on the War of the Spark Mechanics page from WotC

I like how the army gets increasingly bigger in each of the tokens. Does this mean as my army grows, I have to change the token out? Obviously that is the only correct way to play.
My King Baby said yes!

Please, it is Red