deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] Budget Orzhov Sanguine Bond  (Read 391 times)

firebrand549

• Decks
[Modern] Budget Orzhov Sanguine Bond
« on: April 13, 2019, 04:35:34 am »
https://deckstats.net/decks/125926/1262569-orzhov-bond

A little brew I came up with focused on killing the opponent through life gain, any comments much appreciated. Considering taking out Ajani’s Pridemate to commit even further to Sanguine Bond with Ill-Gotten Inheritance or Fountain of Renewal or something...

Sheogoroth

• Decks
Re: [Modern] Budget Orzhov Sanguine Bond
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 07:09:09 pm »
My thoughts are that it is a little slow and lacks synergy.

Because it's a little slow, I would sub Essence Extraction for Sovereign's bite or Chastise, just because you are a little light on removal.
Maybe 1 crested Sunmare and add another Pridemate. I would pull Odric outright and just replace him with another lifelink creature. Your synergy is lifelink, but he's more likely to give your guys flying.
I'd sub Secure the Wastes with Sworn Companions maybe?
Sub Tithe Taker with Grand Abolisher.

Blind Obedience is really strong, you might even sideboard a Loxodon Gatekeeper if your opponent is running a slower deck.

Inphyy77

• Decks
Re: [Modern] Budget Orzhov Sanguine Bond
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 11:14:18 pm »
Your mana curve is way too high for modern. You're going to lose a lot of games with a bunch of four and five drops stuck in your hand. You also don't really have a cohesive strategy. I would would consider either a more controlling shell (and you could use Sanguine Bond/Exquisite Blood combo for a win con), or moving to a more aggressive shell similar to a Martyr of Sands build.

Either way, I would highly consider adding some lands that generate both colours of mana, such as Concealed Courtyard, Isolated Chapel, Caves of Koilos, or Temple of Silence. Or just bite the bullet and get your copies of Godless Shrine while they're still being printed for standard.