deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Oona, Queen of Mill - Comments  (Read 330 times)

Comment Bot

Oona, Queen of Mill - Comments
« on: April 17, 2019, 01:56:53 pm »
Oona, Queen of Mill

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

Judaspriester

• Decks
Re: Oona, Queen of Mill - Comments
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 01:56:53 pm »
hmm.. do you really need Dismal Backwater, Jwar Isle Refuge, Temple of Deceit and the Vivid lands for color fixing? I think you can replace at least some of them with basics, in order to speed up the deck a little.
If you're afraid it couldn't work, Fellwar Stone and Exotic Orchard usually do a very good job without slowing you down.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Erevan91

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 04:49:34 pm »
Thanks for the suggestion! You are right. I added Fellwar Stone and a few basics, took our the vivid lands, Dismal Backwater, and Jwar Isle Refuge. I still like Temple of Deceit because of the scry, but maybe after some testing I will decide it is not worth it.
Welcome to Multiplayer EDH, where everyone's a resource and the life totals don't matter.

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2019, 06:07:13 pm »
For me, the basic rule about lands is: If they enter tapped, they need to have an significant effect. I'm not sure this is true for the scry lands, but  that's up to you. ;)

Erevan91

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2019, 07:34:39 pm »
Thanks! Yeah, I think you are right. I updated my list. Took out Temple of Deceit and a Swamp, added Exotic Orchard and Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth. What do you think about adding Urborg to the list? It is still in my budget, but I don't know if it is worth it, as I don't have a Cabal Coffers. I do have Magus of the Coffers. Thoughts?
Welcome to Multiplayer EDH, where everyone's a resource and the life totals don't matter.

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2019, 10:35:42 am »
Hmm.. The important question is, do you make use of Urborg. Lets take a look:
- Colorwise you need way more blue than black, so I don't think its a big deal
- in order to generate value out of the number of swamps, you need (at least at its current state) to draw one specific card: the magus. But the magus doesn't help you unless you got at least 3 out of 10 possible spwamps out, or urbog. The chance until turn 10 (assuming no extra draws) for 3 swamps + the magus (or a tutor to get him) is ~16%, the chance to draw urbog and the magus until turn 10 (taking  the tutors into account) is ~27%
- since urborg works symetrical, it could also support your opponents (if they play black)

All in all, Urborg is a great land, but if you want to play it, I would reccomend to add more than 1 card to generate value out of it, in order to increase the chance, that you can really make use of it. Crypt Ghast, Mutilate, Nirkana Revenant and (if you want to attack) Filth could do the job.
Otherwise, better invest the money for other cards. Urborg isn't that cheap.

Speaking about investing money for some cards, what about Diabolic Intent? Its a little more affordable than Diabolic Tutor and the downside that you have to sacrifice a creature shouldn't hurt you that much, at least after the point you've got oona on the board.

And I've got another idea about your control section: Split Decision. It's a little playgroup dependant, but usually you should be able to deny something important or grap some value. Besides that, I personally like the politics factor.