deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] Yuriko, the Tiger's Shadow (Extra Turns)  (Read 607 times)

JoeyAuman

• Decks
[EDH / Commander] Yuriko, the Tiger's Shadow (Extra Turns)
« on: July 03, 2019, 05:56:47 am »
Yuriko, the Tiger's Shadow (Extra Turns)

Hello,

Basically... Get unblockable cheap creatures out.  Swing, ninjitsu an army in.  Get card draw, opponents won't know what hit them, build up mana, take tons of extra turns and repeat.

What do you guys think?

Deck is VERY fun!  I really enjoy playing it.

If you guys have any suggestions please let me know!

Thank you!~

JoeyAuman

• Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Yuriko, the Tiger's Shadow (Extra Turns)
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 08:07:12 pm »
Does anyone have anything they would like to add or get rid of?  Let me know please!

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 03:09:27 am »
Why not take out some of the less useful cards like Caged Sun, Bident of Thasa, and Baral, Chief of Compliance for topdeck manipulation like Scroll Rack or even Doomsday? Also, since budget doesn't seem to be a problem, tutors like Vampiric tutor to go with your Mystical tutor work really well to grab bombs for Yuriko. All that being said, you seem to be taking lots of turns, but are you actually doing anything with them besides swinging with ninjas and hard casting time warps?
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

JoeyAuman

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 03:17:23 am »
I had Caged Sun in for the little pump to help the ninjas a bit, plus the mana double to take extra turns faster, at least in my play group.

Plus if I get that on a ninja pull, that's 6 CMC worth of life loss for my opponents.

Baral, I suppose could come out, but again was just trying to take more turns more often.

Scroll Rack, will def probably go in.  Doomsday, I'm not so sure.  That's like a if I know for a fact that my ninjas were gonna smack, choose the best 5 cards and win the on damage regardless.

But I appreciate the reply man.  Tutors sound nice, but I don't think I need them, because of all the card draw that happens.  (Let me know on that one, maybe a scenario?)
If I do take extra turns, that in its self is winning, because my ninjas keep hitting, and keep drawing, and making them lose life.  That's all I need to do to win usually. :P

Thanks again!

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2019, 03:33:41 am »
Sure. Just finished putting my own list together, actually. Here's a link; might give you some ideas. Feedback is also welcome. https://deckstats.net/decks/132279/1341038-yuriko-bullshit-no-jutsu/en

JoeyAuman

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2019, 07:00:28 pm »
I actually really like your list Slyvester12.  Its great! I may snag a couple of idea's there!

Thank you!

JoeyAuman

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2019, 06:09:02 pm »

JoeyAuman

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2019, 06:15:52 pm »

Revision 4

Added/removed cards:
-1 Darkslick Shores
+1 Mutavault

JoeyAuman

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2019, 06:22:12 pm »

Revision 5

Added/removed cards:
-1 Polluted Delta
+1 Insidious Dreams

Changed amounts:
+1 (Main) -1 (SB) Yuriko, the Tiger's Shadow

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2019, 05:56:25 am »
I'm glad you liked it. I actually just made a couple of changes to reflect the version I have in paper. I like Mystical Tutor and Vampiric Tutor because they can be used both for their usual purpose (tutoring), and because they can grab bombs in response to hitting with a ninja if your other topdeck tools aren't cutting it, especially because they force a shuffle. If you have five lands on top and Sensei's Diving Top or Scroll Rack aren't giving you better options, you can swing, tutor in response to Yuriko's ability going on the stack, then grab a bomb, shuffle, let the first trigger resolve to get the bomb you tutored for, then activate another topdeck tool in response to the other triggers. It involves a lot of of proper stacking, but it helps maximize your Yuriko triggers. I also noticed you dropped Nether Traitor. If that was for budget or other reasons, that's fine, but I would SERIOUSLY consider putting it back in. That is easily the best unblockable creature in the deck for how easy it is to recur and the fact that it has haste.