deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Games you've enjoyed  (Read 50711 times)

iamfat322

• Decks
Re: Games you've enjoyed
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2019, 05:02:11 am »
I was playing a janky Yidris build and the game was the most boring game and the most crazy game I've ever played at the same time. My opponents were playing Niv-Mizzet Parun Control, Ur-Dragon, and Lazav Dimir Mastermind. It was my turn 10 and I cast Sunbird's Invocation then Aetherflux Reservoir then got Marchesa off of the Sunbird's trigger. I then pass the turn with Godo on the battlefield as well as Waste Not (I played them earlier) and Helm of the Host near the top of my library from Niv's Commit//Memory. Godo also had Whispering Madness ciphered onto him. Ur-Dragon hits me with Steel Hellkite and activates it for 4 destroying Marchesa and Aetherflux Reservoir. Lazav Swings with Etali that he stole from my graveyard earlier and gets a decent board state from that and passes (By now my opponents were running out of cards in hand as Niv kept their engines from working). Niv aftermaths Memory from his graveyard shuffling away my Helm of the Host which I thought was my only chance of winning and passes to me. I untap my board and draw the top cad of my library, Windfall. I cast windfall hoping to get value off of my Waste Not but before that I get duskmantle guildmage off the sunbird's trigger. I activate the duskmantle guildmage dealing about 5 damage to each of my opponents and getting a 13 card hand off the waste not. Unfortunately, even with all the black mana I the only spell I could cast was some dumb 2 mana artifact I can't even remember. Sunbird's triggers and I get Aether Tunnel, one of only 3 cards left in my deck that would make Godo unblockable. I then swing with godo twice using Whispering madness to wheel them to death.

TL:DR I got extremely lucky with Sunbird's Invocation after getting mana screwed to win the game.

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2019, 06:16:35 am »
I can't remember the last time I used Cyc Rift on a single target.

Ooo.  I can.  It was in my Taigam, Ojutai Master deck.  You can't overload it on the rebound:)
Happy Brewing!
:)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2019, 08:22:49 am »
Oddly enough I had two enjoyable games today, both of which I lost. It's been a while since I built an entirely new deck and played it for the first time. I should have won the first game but misplayed on my t7 cost me two turns later (basically I knocked out the wrong person first). The second game I didn't have much luck with my draws but the deck ran so smooth the first game I'm hoping this was just a random occurrence.
This space for rent.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2019, 04:06:23 am »
Had a couple games today I really enjoyed:

Playing my Sidisi, Brood Tyrant deck I continuously had to rebuild after board wipes. Honestly with the Teysa deck draining everyone at the rate it was, I thought I was out of the game...then I top-decked Rot Hulk, returned Undead Warchief, Sidisi, Undead Vizier, and Phyrexian Delver to the battlefield. Had Sidisi exploit a zombie token, searched for Cyclonic Rift. Used Phyrexian Delvers ability to bring Body Double back as a copy of Craterhoof Behemoth and swing out for the win.

The other was winning my first game with Varina. I was able to Gray Merchant of Asphodel for 14, then sack all my zombies (11) to my Ashnod's Altar hitting each player for 20 thanks to Vengeful Dead & Plague Belcher in a game that had seemingly gone on forever.
This space for rent.

lostpanda

• I randomly make bad EDH decks occasionally
  • Decks
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2019, 05:50:01 pm »
Just played this game yesterday. Was at Mox with a couple of friends, and this guy who was SUPER obsessed with dragons came and played a game of EDH with us. He was super kind and let us borrow his Elder Dragon mats. He played Niv Mizzet Reborn (Voltron), I played General Tazri (Ally tribal), and my friends played Roon of the Hidden Realm (Blink) and Sigarda, Host of Herons (Voltron). The blink deck got knocked out fast, and in the end it came down to my Hagra Diabolist and my Join the Ranks. I made a bunch of allies and blew everyone up.
The deck is bad but all you need to know is that you just need to swing and make the enemy go boom boom no matter the situation

BoBWiz

• Decks
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2019, 10:05:28 am »
OK,

in my playgroup we play circle.
I'm attacking an Elves-Player on 15 life, he's attacking a lifegain-crested sunmare-deck-Player on 13 life. I got a Hallar, the Firefletcher-Elves Deck.

I am on 1 Life cause of a 7-Elf Shaman of the pack and a flying attack from the sunmare player. I got burst lightning in Hand and five +1/+1 Counter on Hallar.
Both opponents missed to kill Hallar (or me).

I draw vines of vastwood, play kicked burst lightning on the Elves-Player and kicked vines of vastwood - so I got total of 13 dmg to both opp. and an additional 4 to the Elves-Player and won that game.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 10:17:36 am by BoBWiz »

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2019, 05:32:15 am »
Today I was playing The Scarab God against a Yarok, the Desecrated, Brago, King Eternal, and Krenko, Mob Boss. I managed to get Mesmeric Orb out earlier so everyone was milling themselves.

Yarok took it a step further. He had a Cabal Coffers and Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth. Using Peregrine Drake's ability twice, he managed to cast a massive Villainous Wealth on me (x=18). Yarok managed to get my Consuming Aberration, and copied it with Phantasmal Image. So now everytime he would cast one of my spells, we would mill until we hit a land... twice. We all lost all of our libraries. Brago lost on their draw step, Krenko lost on their draw step, but I didn't give up. I just had to find a way to win on my upkeep.

Oh, did I mention that Yarok still had 40 life?

So on my upkeep, The Scarab God's ability went off, but I responded to it. First, I looked through Yarok's graveyard. I was hoping that their Laboratory Maniac was in their graveyard so I could grab it and win on my draw step instead of lose, but no luck. I looked at my board: 2 mana rocks, 7 lands, Fallen Shinobi, Death Baron, The Scarab God. I looked through my graveyard... and then figured it out. A convoluted way to do 40 damage in my upkeep.

First, I paid 4 mana and used The Scarab God's activated ability to "eternalize" my Chancellor of the Spires. I used it's ability to cast the Turnabout in Yarok's graveyard, choosing to untap all my lands. While Turnabout is on the stack, I eternalized the Naru Meha, Master Wizard in Yarok's graveyard to copy Turnabout. This allowed me to float 8 mana, and still have all my lands untapped. Three activations of The Scarab God ready. I eternalized my Sower of Temptation to gain control of Yarok, the Desecrated. I eternalized my Gray Merchant of Asphodel, two triggers went on the stack (copied thanks to Yarok), and in response, I eternalized the Yarok player's Gray Merchant of Asphodel. 4 triggers of Gray Merchant, with a black devotion of 9 meant 36 life drained. And then The Scarab God's triggered ability resolved, draining another 5 life.

Sweetest victory to date.

CleanBelwas

• Decks
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2019, 09:57:52 am »
Today I was playing The Scarab God against a Yarok, the Desecrated, Brago, King Eternal, and Krenko, Mob Boss. I managed to get Mesmeric Orb out earlier so everyone was milling themselves.

Yarok took it a step further. He had a Cabal Coffers and Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth. Using Peregrine Drake's ability twice, he managed to cast a massive Villainous Wealth on me (x=18). Yarok managed to get my Consuming Aberration, and copied it with Phantasmal Image. So now everytime he would cast one of my spells, we would mill until we hit a land... twice. We all lost all of our libraries. Brago lost on their draw step, Krenko lost on their draw step, but I didn't give up. I just had to find a way to win on my upkeep.

Oh, did I mention that Yarok still had 40 life?

So on my upkeep, The Scarab God's ability went off, but I responded to it. First, I looked through Yarok's graveyard. I was hoping that their Laboratory Maniac was in their graveyard so I could grab it and win on my draw step instead of lose, but no luck. I looked at my board: 2 mana rocks, 7 lands, Fallen Shinobi, Death Baron, The Scarab God. I looked through my graveyard... and then figured it out. A convoluted way to do 40 damage in my upkeep.

First, I paid 4 mana and used The Scarab God's activated ability to "eternalize" my Chancellor of the Spires. I used it's ability to cast the Turnabout in Yarok's graveyard, choosing to untap all my lands. While Turnabout is on the stack, I eternalized the Naru Meha, Master Wizard in Yarok's graveyard to copy Turnabout. This allowed me to float 8 mana, and still have all my lands untapped. Three activations of The Scarab God ready. I eternalized my Sower of Temptation to gain control of Yarok, the Desecrated. I eternalized my Gray Merchant of Asphodel, two triggers went on the stack (copied thanks to Yarok), and in response, I eternalized the Yarok player's Gray Merchant of Asphodel. 4 triggers of Gray Merchant, with a black devotion of 9 meant 36 life drained. And then The Scarab God's triggered ability resolved, draining another 5 life.

Sweetest victory to date.

That's amazing! And exactly why The Scarab God is my favourite commander. You just can't write him off.

I have my own Scarab God related story, but without such a happy ending.

So playing last week and my field consists of The Scarab God, an "eternalized" Omnispell Adept, a Coat of Arms and a couple of other random chod zombies that aren't important to the story. It's about to come to my turn and I go to activate the Omnispell Adept to cast Army of the Damned. I'm feeling pretty good. Going to have 16 zombies on my upkeep, they'll all untap and swing with the Coat of Arms (all zombies would have been 21/21 at this point) and kill everyone. Sounds great, until my friend casts Narset's Reversal on my Army of the Damned. I don't have a counter so it goes back to my hand, my friend gets the 13 21/21 zombies, I don't quite have enough mana to recast it. Pass to his turn and get absolutely smashed by my own horde.

I wasn't even mad. It was too funny. One of my favourite games in a long time.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2019, 08:42:48 pm »
Playing my girlfriend in one on one action last night so she could play-test her Kaalia deck, she had answers to everything I tried to do with my Sidisi deck. It was great to see because of her growth as a player. She just started playing around the time we started dating.
This space for rent.

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2019, 01:38:00 am »
I cast Maelstrom Wanderer, cascading into All is Dust. Everyone hated me, but I don't see the problem. I won with commander damage that game.

Also I finally won via a doomsday combo. I won with 1 life. I had 2 life, then someone knocked me down one. I will explain. It was kewl.

So I used necropotence right before my opponent's end step before my turn for 35, luckily drawing doomsday.
The pile from top to bottom is opt, predict, laboratory maniac, unearth, gitaxian probe, but opt was in my hand from the necropotence, and I didn't have the mana to cast it and combo off with doomsday, but I was at seven life, so I had to do it now. So I cast doomsday, realizing I don't have any substitute for opt, which I will fix, and so I go get a land in place of opt. The plan is to use necropotence to exile it away and then start drawing the pile with opt. So the pile looks like this from top to bottom:
Island, predict, laboratory maniac, unearth, gitaxian probe

I am ready to win, grand abolisher is out, so I am safe from disruption. I FORGOT TO USE NECROPOTENCE TO EXILE THE LAND! So I cast opt, drawing the land, and saying, "I just lost the game" and pass turn. Luckily I have a teferi's protection which I use in response to being attacked, since I am at two life.

Okay so if I can get to my next turn, I win. There is almost nothing they can do to me. Then Mr. Urza, trying to foil me with my own Urza deck, decides to cast whir of invention, which I immediately counter via force of negation, but all my lands were phased out from the teferi's protection, so he thought he was safe from counterspells. He then said he was going to get winter orb, which would've stopped me. Then he passes turn, I draw my predict. Cast it, naming laboratory maniac, milling him, drawing unearth and gitaxian probe. Unearthing Lab Man and drawing a card for one blue mana with gitaxian probe.

Now I later realized that I couldn't have countered the spell with force of negation by paying life since my life total cannot change due to teferi's protection, which we all completely forgot in the endgame moments. And that misplay is what won me the game, and the playing opt too soon is what would've lost me the game, so mistakes, mistakes, mistakes. Two wrongs do make a right apparently :D
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2019, 01:46:39 am »
You don't pay life with Force of Negation. Are you thinking of Force of Will?

Chiru

• Decks
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2019, 02:25:27 am »
I don't actually get to go out and play very often, so this isn't recent.
But this is what I consider the funniest and craziest win I've ever had in this game.

I was at my lcs with a buddy, and his friend challenged us both to a 3 man free for all.
I was still pretty new to the game so I didn't know what their decks were, but I was running a cheap mill deck my friend had recently built for me to get me into the game.

During the game, I took minor burn damage every so often, while they focused on each other, ignoring pretty much anything I did, and when one of them finally beat down the other, he turned to me and saw my two Hedron Crabs and my Jace's Erasure on the field. At this point, he realized I had milled him down to only a few cards. He took his turn to get me down to 1 life.

It fell down to my final draw, because if I drew a land, I would mill him out, but if I didn't, he'd burn me to death.
We had a bunch of people around us watching, I was shaking, and when I drew my last card, I told him I was sorry and he said just get it over with, so I dropped the land I just drew and milled him out for the win as he threw his hands into the air cussing as he stormed down the row of tables. XD

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2019, 05:06:56 am »
You don't pay life with Force of Negation. Are you thinking of Force of Will?

o.O You're right morganator. So I guess it was totally legal then, and I won with two life. For some reason I thought both force of negation and force of will made you pay life. I was using a mountain that I had written "Force of Negation" on. I didn't bother writing the mana cost or the subtype or card text or anything. My Force of Negation was currently being utilized against me through that pesky urza deck.
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red

CleanBelwas

• Decks
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2019, 10:21:42 am »
Managed to get my first few games in with K'rrik last night. Boy, he's every bit as busted as I hoped.

First game went like this:

Turn 1. Swamp.
2. Swamp. Mind Stone.
3. Swamp. K'rrik, go to 34. Go to 32 for Blood Celebrant. Go to 28 for Gifted Aetherborn. Pay 27 life to make 9 black from the Celebrant. At 1. Use 7 of it to play Repay in Kind. Everyone is at 1. Hope nobody has a burn spell. Pass the turn. Turn cycle gets back to me. Everyone is looking at their ramp artifacts and nothing else.
4. Swing each creature in one direction. Win at 1.

I mean, obviously I was lucky no one had an answer in that turn cycle. But given that it was the first ever game I'd played with K'rrik, needless to say he's solidified himself as one of my favourites.

Second game went similarly but a little slower. Turn 3 K'rrick. Turn 4 Bolas Citadel. Played a bunch of stuff off the citadel, got nice and low while K'rrik got nice and big, then played a Gary off the citadel, devotion was 14, life right back up again to play more stuff off the citadel.

Third game I was an idiot but was having too much fun to care. Took a 1 lander to go Swamp, Dark Ritual, Mind stone, Font of Agonies on turn 1. Missed the next 5 land drops and got my ass kicked.

Man, K'rrik is the real deal. You win fast or you lose fast, but either way, you get to shuffle up and have like 3 games in an hour. It's sweet.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 08:09:39 pm by CleanBelwas »

BrettleyS

• Decks
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2019, 03:55:31 pm »
Faced lethal against a token deck in the next turn (like 40 creatures on his site, while i had no creatures, and no cards in hand), top decked rakdos charm, burned him down, he was kinda mad. i had a good laugh. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.