deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Games you've enjoyed  (Read 53644 times)

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
Re: Games you've enjoyed
« Reply #210 on: April 17, 2023, 09:54:31 pm »
March of the Machines prerelease ...

I built 5 colors featuring Omnath, Locus of All with Obosh, the Preypiercer as a companion.  No two-drops or four-drops for me.  I couldn't even  :)

I figured the deck would flop miserably.  I got creamed in match #1.  But to my surprise I won matches #2 & #3.  (2-0 both times.)  Then in the fourth and final round, I won the first game; my opponent won the second game; and with only 2 minutes remaining we didn't even bother to start game three.

I went 2-1-1 with a deck that I thought for sure would go 0-4.  Very satisfying!
Happy Brewing!
:)

Bonethousand

• Decks
« Reply #211 on: April 18, 2023, 03:42:42 pm »
March of the Machines prerelease ...

This set was the most fun I've had drafting in a long time. Really great experience.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #212 on: May 07, 2023, 12:28:17 am »
Playing commander with some friends. Sidisi (friend playing my deck) vs Yawgmoth vs Oloro vs Slivers (me). Sidisi goes ham and makes 1000 2/2 zombies but no way to attack with them as he kind of did it wrong (using Aphetto Alchemist & Mesmeric Orb- you should do it on the player before your turns endstep so that you can attack right away with them but whatever). Oloro goes, no answer. Yawgmoth does some shenanigans but can only offer me a deal. He has Scheming Symmetry and tells me if I'll search for a board wipe, he'll pick me. I point out that I'd have to mill the card into my graveyard when I untapped due to the Orb. Oloro says he drew Anguished Unmaking on his last turn and can get rid of the Orb. I tell them that's fine but I don't think they'll like the only board wipe I have left. They say just do it if it will save us from the zombies. Ok, we do it. Go to my turn, untap...Cyclonic Rift overloaded. The look on both Oloro & Yawgmoths faces are priceless. Sure I saved them from the zombies but they all end up losing on my next turn.

However, I did live up to my end of the deal.
This space for rent.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #213 on: May 07, 2023, 04:39:38 pm »
It wasn't so much a game but a particular sequence of events that took place in a game. Set the stage: Casual, Planeschase cards, and 3 player game. I only have 1 creature on board and it's a Maddening Imp because I decided to also play my chaos deck with the chaos that comes from doing Planeschase. Player A who is next to play after me has 2 creatures in play which are vague in my mind but however he has a 6/6 red dragon in play (I can't recall but I know it was a dragon). It is player B's turn and he rolls the planer die. He roll's chaos and the plane says he has to put counters on a creature which he has none on his board. So he makes a deal with player A to put said counters on his dragon as long as the dragon doesn't attack him for 2 turns. I am now thinking that this thing is coming my way but however looking at my hand and I have in my hand Vow of Wildness and Visions of Brutality while also  thinking glad you guys made this agreement. It passes to my turn and I put both the Vow of Wildness and Visions of Brutality on his dragon. Passing my turn with Maddening Imp in play and let's see what happens. Tapping Maddening Imp to force his dragon to attack player B he actually sticks to his word and let's his dragon die because he didn't attack with it. I lost the game but for a whole different chaotic reason,
« Last Edit: May 07, 2023, 05:31:21 pm by robort »
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

Bonethousand

• Decks
« Reply #214 on: June 15, 2023, 02:21:14 pm »
I got to sac a Cavalier of Flame twice in a row last night for 19 damage each time to take the win. Not an unsatisfying way to win.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #215 on: June 16, 2023, 07:22:56 pm »
My OG Purphoros against Wilhelt, OG Atraxa, and Isshin. Turn 6, my upkeep- Thopter Assembly only Thopter on the battlefield I control, return it to my hand and create five Thopters dealing 10 to everyone. Jeska's Will for 11 mana. Three cards I exile aren't of any value for what I already had in mind. Play out Panharmonicon. Then play Descent of the Dragons targeting the five Thopters. Five Dragons enter the battlefield dealing 20 to each opponent. This kills Wilhelt and Isshin. Atraxa lives and Cyclonic Rift's after combat in response to me recasting Thopter Assembly. She then attacks me with Atraxa and a bunch of infect creatures and poisons me out.

Win or lose, enjoyable game as I got to hit Descent of the Dragons the way I had hoped when I put it in the deck.

edit- my spelling sucks today
« Last Edit: June 16, 2023, 07:46:33 pm by WWolfe »
This space for rent.

CleanBelwas

• Decks
« Reply #216 on: June 17, 2023, 01:21:15 pm »
My buddies and I like to split a box when a new set comes out, do a night of sealed and winner gets the buy a box promo.

Box for LotR arrived yesterday so we played. I built a WB token deck with a ring tempts you sub theme.

Went 3-1, won the promo.

Foil Party Tree (The Great Henge).

Absolutely buzzing. Didn't even realise the party tree was a great henge, just love the art on it so much.

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Reply #217 on: June 18, 2023, 10:28:27 pm »
LOTR prerelease:

Built blue/red spellslinger

Won several games with a final Gandalf's Sanction.  "Trampling" at least 7 damage to my opponent each time.

Very satisfying wins.

(3-1 overall on the day, playing 42 cards in order to get critical mass of instants/sorceries while still having some creatures)
Happy Brewing!
:)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #218 on: July 10, 2023, 09:39:05 pm »
No real part in the game that amounted to anything special but the game itself was a blast. We played using all the Planechase cards from the last commander product and all the old ones. It was a blast! Definitely added a different dimension to the game. I forgot how fun Planechase could be (it had been forever since we played it).
This space for rent.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #219 on: July 31, 2023, 11:00:44 pm »
Playing my OG Purphoros against Edgar, Nicol Bolas, the Ravager, and Sliver Queen. Some of this is poor sequencing on another players part but none the less it was fun. Sliver Queen casts Mana Echoes but is tapped out and can't take advantage of it. Gets around to me, Liquimetal Torque making Mana Echoes an artifact and Vandalblast it. Sliver Queen now starts targeting me and gets me down to 9 life with 19 commander damage thanks to his miscellaneous anthems. Nicol Bolas is basically just playing board policeman, only has one win con and it's a combo he hasn't drawn into. Edgar has a turn where he jumps off but he's targeting Bolas to get him out before he draws into his combo. With how Sliver Queen is targeting me, I think I'm toast. Begin turn, draw Dualcaster Mage. Jeska's Will for 6. One of the three cards I exile is Twinflame. Cast Twinflame targeting another meaningless creature I control, cast Dualcaster Mage targeting the Twinflame creating the loop of the new Dualcaster copying Twinflame making a new Dualcaster copying Twinflame and so on. Nicol Bolas casts Fierce Guardianship targeting the Twinflame, I Deflecting Swat the Guardianship changing the target to the Swat. Loop deals infinite damage from Purphoros and I win the game.

I asked Sliver Queen after the game why he cast Mana Echoes before he could take advantage of it and he said based on the other enchantments that had been removed (a Smothering Tithe, a Rhystic Study, a Ghostly Prison, and a Necropotence) that he didn't think anyone would have a way to remove it.
This space for rent.

mynameiscalled

• I'm your one-man cult
    • MiseryBusinessMTG
  • Decks
« Reply #220 on: August 02, 2023, 12:25:10 pm »
I had a game last weekend, that turned into a nightmare, cause the regular mtg rules were so altered, thanks to a certain deck in the table - whenever you tapped a land for mana, you had to tap all your lands, when you tapped mana not on your turn, you'd lose that land, whenever you got mana, you got triple that mana, whenever you had unspent mana on pool, you lost life and so on, so on. Basically, whenever you did something, it had dozen triggers happening and causing a lot of headache keeping track of things. The game was about one and a half hours long, and in the end, thanks to my Disenchant in hand, we managed to all lose the game at the same time, sorry, don't remember the exact interaction... I'm not sure, if it qualifyes as a "game I've enjoyed" but it was very unique experience still - There were no winners in that game, literally.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2023, 08:02:54 am by mynameiscalled »

jackycola

• Hi, I am Jacky and I like Pizza
  • Decks
« Reply #221 on: August 04, 2023, 02:01:55 am »
Last Commander Match we had ended in a 1 vs 1 wher I was playing Krenko Goblin Bullshit and my Friend a Windgrace/Landfall deck.

The situation ended with me having Goblin Assassin on the Board, preventing him any creatures and him having glacial chas, saving him from all damage.

After a few rounds we figured that it would come down to whoever draws the winning card first and after another few rounds we called it a draw.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #222 on: August 18, 2023, 10:14:50 pm »
Playing my Karador Shadowborn Apostle deck against Wilhelt, Ruhan, and Anikthea. We were having to spend most of our resources to keep Anikthea in check. After a Toxic Deluge she was pretty much having to start from scratch. I cast Thrumming Stone, cast a Shadowborn Apostle, Ripple 4 through my deck putting 19 Apostles out. Cast Tendrils of Agony which the Storm copies 21 times hitting my opponents for 42 life. Kills everyone but Anikthea who was still at 17 life. Pass turn, she goes to cast her own Toxic Deluge, I Teferi's Protection in response so she basically only takes out her own stuff. My turn I cast Mirror Box (which I absolutely was not sold on but was playtesting after a friend talked me into it), now all my Apostles are 25/25's. I swing out, Anikthea casts Teferi's protection and avoids the damage. I jokingly ask her if she was going to play anything I hadn't (Toxic Deluge, Teferi's Protection, some of the ramp spells we had played). Goes back to her turn, she casts Damn for the overload cost. Back to my turn, I Immortal Servitude for 1 returning all my Apostles to the battlefield. I pass turn just praying she's out of boardwipes because I'm pretty much out of ways to recover if she has one. She plays some stuff out trying to dig for an answer. After finding ways to draw about 7 cards, she passes turn. I swing out fully expecting some kind of response...she says good game and starts picking up her cards.

It was a nice back and forth, probably one of the best I've had in a while. I'm slowly starting to like Mirror Box but still am not sold on it.
This space for rent.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #223 on: August 23, 2023, 02:02:17 am »
I took someone out of the game turn 4 with Hatred. That was fun.

I just stickied the topic. Not sure why I didn't do that sooner.

stuffnsuch

• Decks
« Reply #224 on: August 24, 2023, 12:11:57 am »
So, I recently decided it would be fun to try to make the largest non-infinite combo I could manage, and it turns out that doubling things can get really out of hand.  I had a Mirror Box and an Adrix and Nev, Twincasters enchanted with Followed Footsteps.  The first turn I made two copies.  The next turn I made 8 copies.  The next turn I made just over 2000 copies.  The next turn, I made more copies than there are atoms in the universe.  I was like, "I don't have enough dice, because there literally aren't enough dice."  That was a really cool way to win.