deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Ur tron modern  (Read 1411 times)

Andyonsk8

• Decks
Ur tron modern
« on: April 25, 2013, 11:30:15 am »
Hello everyone! Wanted to play in a tournament format in modern with this deck:

http://deckstats.net/decks/222/6187-izzetron?saved=1&lng=en

How does it look? I really like it, it's not that you have some advice or some tips for me?

This deck controls the opponent and then closed with like creatures Bogardan, or Urza's Factory, or Banefire!

CHEERS  ;)

BEHINIME

• Decks
Re: Ur tron modern
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 09:14:42 am »
IMHO, if u want to play supreme verdict, your manabase will not allow you to do that in most of games.
If you want to play a UR tron focus just on U/R cards.
In a Tron deck, u have at least 12 land that produce non colored mana, it's impossible to have mana to play 3 different color, or simply really hard. often you'll find yourself not being able to play a card.

Then, i would consider Pyroclasm, Repeal and Condescend instead of Mana leak and syncopate, + 2 expedition map, -4 Sea gate oracle.
As Drawing engine i'll consider some other cards instead of jace's insanity, like Compulsive research.

At last, my opinion, if u want to conclude your games with bogardan, the best way is to Dragonstorm them!

AeroSigma

• Decks
Re: Ur tron modern
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 08:39:47 pm »
On the Supreme Verdict/color issue, I mostly agree with BEHINIME.  You might even be better going with something on-color like Blasphemous Act, Urzatron should have a good chance of being able to cast it, even without a lot of creatures on the field.  However, I see a lot of EmrakulTron decks that are pretty heavy on the color fixing artifacts such as Prophetic Prism or Chromatic Star.  It replaces itself in your hand with a draw, and an assembled Urzatron shouldn't have any trouble with the 2 mana to drop it.  So you could cosider something like that if you're wanting to splash.

PS- I'd consider going full 4 ofs on the Tron pieces, especially if you drop the Sup. Verd. and don't need the Adarkar Wastes.  Take a look at the probablitilies tab, select the Tron pieces and click probability for all at the bottom to get an idea of your chances of assembling the Tron on each turn.  Obviously it depends on how reliant you are on the tron mana, I mean you aren't casting Emrakul, but consider it, and do some playtesting.

On that note, ALWAYS do playtesting if you're thinking about going to a tournament with a deck.  The more you test, the better you'll do at refining your deck, and the better you'll play it at the tournament.  Tons of us on the Internet can all stare at the stat screen all day, and think about how the deck will do, and give out opinions etc. but in the end, that's all educated guesswork.  Play the deck and you'll begin to see what it needs, try out the suggestions, and verify that they improve the deck.  (To be clear, I'm not dis-valuing  the thinking about it part, just saying that you need both.)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 08:48:22 pm by AeroSigma »