deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Elenda, The Dusk Rose - Comments  (Read 421 times)

Comment Bot

Elenda, The Dusk Rose - Comments
« on: June 12, 2019, 04:47:34 pm »
Elenda, The Dusk Rose

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

Ryad

• Decks
Re: Elenda, The Dusk Rose - Comments
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 04:47:34 pm »
Do you know that if Elenda is your commander, and is put in the command zone when she dies, it wouldn't create any token? So, if Elenda is your commander, or you let her dies and put into your graveyard (and you haven't anything in the deck to resurrect her), or you never will create any token.

Manchild

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 04:49:38 pm »
I forgot about that part.  Thanks for reminding me.  Do you have any suggestions on some decent, preferably cheap graveyard retrieval?

FinalBosco

• Commander/Brawl/Oathbreaker
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 05:33:42 pm »
A spaceman... that's what they say I am.

FinalBosco

• Commander/Brawl/Oathbreaker
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 05:44:25 pm »
I love Elenda, the Dusk Rose and she for sure goes into every Vampire deck I have that contains WB (I have at least 3), but she's just not a great commander unless your deck is built around graveyard recursion. You cast her for 4 as a 1/1, she dies to Shock for 1, then if you want to cast her again, she costs 6 for a 1/1 and could still die to a basic spell or a token. She's great to have in the deck but as a commander, the diminishing returns are too real. Your deck has enough lifelink that Vona, Butcher of Magan could make an effective commander, and Elenda's lifelink token generation plays well into Vona's ability to pay 7 life to destroy nonland permanents.

Good hunting!
A spaceman... that's what they say I am.

Ryad

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2019, 06:18:58 pm »
Some cards I use to resurrect in my decks are those: Palace Siege, Debtors' Knell, Sheoldred, Whispering One, Reya Dawnbringer, Whisper, Blood Liturgist, Oversold Cemetery, Beacon of Unrest, Dread Return or Victimize.

You can choose some that you like from them.

Spinsane

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2019, 08:39:04 pm »
As an alternative to Graveyard recursion, cards that let you exile cards from your Graveyard would work too... Let her go to the GY when she dies, exile her back to the Command Zone and cast her again (Cabal Inquisitor being the first example that comes to mind, or Delve)

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2019, 01:46:00 pm »
Forsaken Sanctuary could be replaced with Tainted Field.

Then what about replacing 3-4 lands with ramp artifacts? Orzhov Signet, Fellwar Stone, Orzhov Locket, Sol Ring, Mind Stone or Talisman of Hierarchy.

besides that, i agree with FinalBosco that  Vona, Butcher of Magan would be the better commander, since you don't need to build around the fact, that Elenda needs to hit the graveyard in order to get the tokens.

For recursion, my favorite is Phyrexian Reclamation. It's cheap and reusable.

Besides that, for me the deck is lacking a little removal. Disenchant, Curtains' Call and Tragic Slip

Blood Tribute is another mighty vampire tribe card.

Btw, why do you want to play Blaring Captain and Blaring Recruiter? They doesn't seem to fit into your deck.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.