deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Ican I get a list of all cards that can copy permanents  (Read 511 times)

Varatius

• Decks
Ican I get a list of all cards that can copy permanents
« on: June 27, 2019, 06:34:57 am »
I want to make a silly deck that uses cumulative upkeep I plan to make yidris my commander so I can run braid of fire and all the cool cumulative upkeep card but the plan is to make copies or clone braid of fire so many times I ideally never pay mana for the upkeep costs.

Judaspriester

• Decks
Re: Ican I get a list of all cards that can copy permanents
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 10:18:22 am »
Copy Enchantment
Estrid's Invocation
Clever Impersonator

That are the cards I know off. There is way more stuff that you can use if you transform the enchantments into creatures, but the only card I know of, that is able to do this is Starfield of Nyx, which you can't play with yidris.

https://scryfall.com is a great page for card research. ;)
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2019, 01:41:01 pm »
Not a bad idea. What all other upkeep cards do you plan on using?
This space for rent.

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2019, 02:45:25 pm »
Another card you really want to use is  Paradox Haze, since it gives you a second upkeep each turn.

Some recursion strategies could also be interesting, so that you're able to sacrifice and replay a card if the costs are going to high. Muldrotha, the Gravetide would be a possible option here, but I think there should be more, even without white. Bounce or Flicker could also work.

For the upkeep cards:  Elephant Grass and Mystic Remora could be interesting (both for playing and for sac and replay to keep the costs in bay).

Varatius

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2019, 04:51:14 pm »
https://deckstats.net/decks/117870/1337960-cumulative-upkeep?share_key=GEsvpwSai6yM18W9
This is what I have so far some may be cut later this is just a list for ideas

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2019, 05:03:02 pm »
Hmm.. some proliferate stuff could also work. Since you're able to choose which permanents get additional counters, you could use them especially for stuff like braid of fire, which gives you a benefit with more counters.

You'll also need some protection, since a braid of fire with 5+ counters is a very potent target.

Varatius

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2019, 05:54:55 pm »
I actually forgot about proliferate that sounds really awesome with what I'm planning.   I guess do you think I should make it run alot of planeswalkers too maybe I have alot of planeswalkers in these colors.

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2019, 05:59:27 pm »
I wouldn't think that much about planeswalkers, at least at the current state. I would prefere only a few, that really benefits your game plan.
Liliana of the Dark Realms for example could be interesting, because she gives you access to alot of extra mana (limited to swamps, but this problem is solvable), which you can invest into the upkeep costs, with a lesser amount of lands tapped.

Varatius

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2019, 02:24:02 am »
I like liliana of dark realms and with talking to my brother we agreed Nicole bolas ravager would probably be the only other planeswalker worth it