deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Mardu Vehicles - Comments  (Read 407 times)

Comment Bot

Mardu Vehicles - Comments
« on: June 23, 2019, 10:16:34 pm »
Mardu Vehicles

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

THEpuy

• Decks
Re: Mardu Vehicles - Comments
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2019, 10:16:34 pm »
Since this deck is no longer in standard, try to think about how the modern cardpool can better the strategy. I’ll give you a hint: modern mardu has a lot better removal than unlicensed disintegration.

silverplatinum2

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 02:49:04 am »
It better have a lot of good removal  and then some to fight of the meta of T3 goldfish.

Gothos

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 08:53:48 pm »
Thanks for the feedback!

Upgrades:
- Veteran Motorist
+Chandra, Torch of Defiance
+ Removals

THEpuy

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019, 12:59:48 am »
I saw your message. I’m gonna be a little more straightforward this time:

1. Shock is garbage. Lightning bolt is objectively better.
2. Cut to ribbons doesn’t remove anything nearly as well or as fast as path to exile. Play another push and 3 paths in their place.
3. Put veteran motorist back. IMO he is the best vehicle enabler.
4. This is modern. You have access to smuggler’s copter, the BEST vehicle printed ever hands down. I would cut 1 harvester and 2 hearts to put in 3 copters.
5. Hazoret doesn’t work as well in this deck as you think. The vehicles deck is trying to remove creatures and accrue card advantage, so creatures that reward empty hands are gonna hurt. Gideon, ally of zendikar was an OG vehicle all star. He is both a powerhouse on his own AND he makes guys who can crew.

If price is an issue, ignore 2 and 5. Hope this helps.

silverplatinum2

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2019, 03:29:23 am »
thecrazymagicman seems to be right on the money. My question is how will this deal with non-fair decks?

Gothos

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2019, 02:11:06 pm »
Thanks again for the great feeddback! Much appreciated! :)

Smuggler's Copter and Lightning Bolt indeed! And I’d really like the Gideon, Ally of Zendikar upgrade!
(I imagine I’d cut 3x Hazoret the Fervent. Would you keep Chandra, Torch of Defiance?)

With budget concerns to consider, though, I fear this deck will stay a jank build for a while (but I hope it’ll be a fun one at that ;).

Upgrades:
+Veteran Motorist once more ;)
+Lightning Bolt
+Smuggler's Copter.

I tried to give the Deck an alternative winning plan for longer match-ups (Burn with Chandra, Hazoret, Cut / Ribbons, and Lightning Bolt), and moved Fatal Push into the Sidebar.
I also kept a playset of Heart of Kiran as the main threat of the deck for now (with both Chandra and Hazoret being able to crew for Heart of Kiran). (What can I say? I like that card ;)

@Silverplatinum2: how will it deal with non-fair decks, eh? Badly, I’ll imagine ;)