deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Karador (Help pls) - Comments  (Read 380 times)

Comment Bot

Karador (Help pls) - Comments
« on: June 27, 2019, 01:51:30 pm »
Karador (Help pls)

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

khalitas18

• Decks
Re: Karador (Help pls) - Comments
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 01:51:30 pm »
lo primero quita las ilegales del mazo

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2019, 02:55:04 pm »
Okay, first of all, if you need help, it would be great if you would explain a little what's the problem. A few words about your strategy would also help.

No offense, but it seems a little like you've thrown alot of common staples and other cards that seem interesting in without the common experience players have, that play on this budget. If I'm wrong here, or you really want to start on this budget, its okay. But I think its also possible to assemble a working Karador deck on a lower budget. This, of course, also depends alot on your playgroup.

If you want to help yourself with the cuts, this topic is very useful:
https://deckstats.net/forum/index.php/topic,42562.0.html
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Der Querdenker 2

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2019, 04:15:41 pm »
The main gameplan is reanimate the fetties.

And usw ETB/LTB Triggers to Control the Board and for Value.
The Deck Win in combat or with the boomweaver Giant Combo.

@Judaspriester which cuts should I make...
 I like permanent Reanimation....

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2019, 04:53:31 pm »
Okay, i'll think we need 11 slots in order to get up to 40 mana sources (lands + a little ramp).
Acidic Slime
Magister of Worth
Desolation Angel
Carrion Feeder
Dawn of the Dead
(Gray Merchant of Asphodel) - we'll need to check he's still worth it after the other cuts are done.
Life from the Loam
Stinkweed Imp
Night Incarnate
Iona, Shield of Emeria
Emeria Shepherd
Infernal Tribute

What I would suggest to add now:
5 additional lands
Sol Ring
Fellwar Stone
Silverglade Pathfinder
Commander's Sphere
Monastery Siege
Riftsweeper

For the lands, my common mantra here is: "if it always enter tapped, it needs to have a significant effect". Keep that in mind if you fill up your land base.
Notable lands:
Phyrexian Tower
Exotic Orchard
Command Tower
Nimbus Maze

If you've got the money, you could also replace a ramp piece mentioned above with Land Tax.

/edit: somehow mixed up the colors, Dreamscape Artist can't be played.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 09:38:07 am by Judaspriester »

Ryad

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2019, 07:57:48 pm »
It should be interesting, if you use more than 29 lands, and lands that give your mana white and black. If you only use 29 basic forest, you can't play anything in the deck.

Tero

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2019, 09:35:37 pm »
Hiya,
Judaspriester is definitely right about having more mana sources. And currectly your mean CMC is over 4.7, which is waaay too high. I mostly agree with with the cuts but I might not cut Acidic Slime, Dawn of the Dead or Carrion Feeder. However, I don't think Children of Korlis is good enough and that Blood Artist is not well suited for this deck since you are planning to play a few big things and not a lot of small things. You don't need Blood Artist for your combo since you can just exile all your opponents permanents with Ashen Rider.

As I said, your mana curve is not great at the moment. I would cut some reanimator targets, I think at least Reya Dawnbringer and propoably Razaketh, the Foulblooded and Protean Hulk. A pretty good card for you might be Teneb, the Harvester since it is a nice beater and can reanimate things for you, even from your opponents graves.

I think you want around 34-36 lands and for ramp propably three signets, Sol Ring and some combination of Birds of Paradise, Llanowar Elves, Avacyn's Pilgrim, Elves of Deep Shadow, Incubation Druid and Paradise Druid.

You should also consider playing some more ways to put your reanimator targets to your graveyard, currently you don't have many.

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2019, 10:10:14 am »
It should be interesting, if you use more than 29 lands, and lands that give your mana white and black. If you only use 29 basic forest, you can't play anything in the deck.

Well, i think the basic forests are currently only placeholders for the mana base. The deck is still marked as Work in Progress. ;)

Hiya,
Judaspriester is definitely right about having more mana sources. And currectly your mean CMC is over 4.7, which is waaay too high. I mostly agree with with the cuts but I might not cut Acidic Slime, Dawn of the Dead or Carrion Feeder. However, I don't think Children of Korlis is good enough and that Blood Artist is not well suited for this deck since you are planning to play a few big things and not a lot of small things. You don't need Blood Artist for your combo since you can just exile all your opponents permanents with Ashen Rider.

As I said, your mana curve is not great at the moment. I would cut some reanimator targets, I think at least Reya Dawnbringer and propoably Razaketh, the Foulblooded and Protean Hulk. A pretty good card for you might be Teneb, the Harvester since it is a nice beater and can reanimate things for you, even from your opponents graves.

I think you want around 34-36 lands and for ramp propably three signets, Sol Ring and some combination of Birds of Paradise, Llanowar Elves, Avacyn's Pilgrim, Elves of Deep Shadow, Incubation Druid and Paradise Druid.

You should also consider playing some more ways to put your reanimator targets to your graveyard, currently you don't have many.

Let's talk about the cuts, you disagree with:
Acidic Slime - he's a nice removal, yes, but 5 mana is damn much and he's only usable at sorcery speed. I think for that cmc, there are more interesting reanimate targets. Caustic Caterpillar would be way more interesting for this slot. you'll have to pay 1G for the activation cost, but the total cmc is 3 and you can use it on instant speed.
Dawn of the Dead - hmm.. the card is interesting, but you'll need to be sure to have a sacrifice outlet or Sundial of the Infinite if you don't want to see your fatties exiled.
Carrion Feeder - the card is a nice sac outlet, but I don't think the deck is that much around sacrifice. Besides that he really needs to cut something.

About your reccommendation for the mana base: I would prefere Sylvan Caryatid over Paradise Druid, as long as it fits into the budget (which doesn't seem to be a that big deal at this deck).
For ramp, Silverglade Pathfinder is also a very great option for this deck, because its dual use: Fetch lands onto the battlefield and discard your reanimation targets.

Der Querdenker 2

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2019, 05:07:00 pm »
Which of the high CMC Creatures i habe in the Deck are too bad?

How many of them should i Play?