deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] Omnath, The Great  (Read 411 times)

Battleland

• New to EDH deckbuilding and magic in general
  • Decks
[EDH / Commander] Omnath, The Great
« on: July 01, 2019, 08:40:56 am »
Omnath, The Great

Ramping up to Omnath, then further ramping out more lands to make 5/5 Elementals to swing with without worry.

Battleland

• Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Omnath, The Great
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 08:41:50 am »
Any suggestions to make this better? I DO have a budget of $50 but can go slightly over

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 12:52:31 pm »
First of all, my common mantra about the land base: "If it always enters tapped, it needs to have a significant effect". Especially Gateway Plaza: I don't think its worth paying 2 mana for colorfixing in Gx.

Then I would reccomend to replace 2 lands with Cultivate and Collective Voyage. The former helps you mana- and colorfixing, the latter could give you alot of land drops later on.

Goblin Bombardment is a very good card for Omnath. With your commander on the board, it allows you to sacrifice your elemental tokens for 4 damage each. With enough elementals (Collective voyage says hi), you could even shotgun the whole table. You could cut Tooth and Claw for the slot.

Since you're producing some more tokens, Impact Tremors could be interesting.

Rhythm of the Wild would be a great (and flexible) haste enabler.

Ramunap Excavator could come handy for some additonal land drops in combination with your fetch lands.

Besides that, are you sure that you don't need removal? Nature's Claim, Krosan Grip and Seal of Primordium would be a good start on a budget.

I've just checked one of my decks for some more token production: Second Harvest and (if you got the money) Parallel Lives.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 01:48:46 pm by Judaspriester »
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Battleland

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 02:15:26 pm »
Thank you Judaspriester for a great thoughtful comment! I'm extremely new to Edh and this is the first deck I've began to build that isn't just made of cards I happend to have around and weren't in any decks, so my deck building here is probably lackluster. I'll definitely be looking into everything you mentioned. Once again thanks!

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2019, 02:22:15 pm »
You're welcome. If you got questions after you've taken a look into my suggestions, feel free to ask. ;)

If you got some spare time and want to learn a little more about deckbuilding in edh, this topic could be interesting:
https://deckstats.net/forum/index.php/topic,42562.0.html

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2019, 04:48:18 pm »
Err.. I've just noticed your changes. I reccomend to keep Karplusan Forest. The pain lands may not be the best lands available in magic, but they offer color fixing and (at least for me even more important) always enter untapped. Cards like Shivan Oasis are much worse, because they always enter tapped.
An example: If you play the oasis on turn 3, you only got 2 lands available this turn. Karplusan on the other hand may cost you one life, if you need to tap it for colored mana, but in any case you've got 3 available lands. This could mean that you're able to play Cultivate in turn 3 in stead of turn 4 (assuming no other ramp).

Battleland

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2019, 01:33:25 am »
Gotcha, I'll fix that now. Thanks for the help man. And for explaining why its so much better. Your the best!!!!