deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Mardu Vampire Nocturnus Modern - Comments  (Read 347 times)

Comment Bot

Mardu Vampire Nocturnus Modern - Comments
« on: July 04, 2019, 11:42:21 am »
Mardu Vampire Nocturnus Modern

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

Gothos

• Decks
Re: Mardu Vampire Nocturnus Modern - Comments
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 11:42:21 am »
Nice Deck! :) Different take on the same idea, eh? ;)

Gothos

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 12:02:52 pm »
@Cardgame Nerd: As far as I can see, you try to utilize the different lord synergies and work with multicolor cards to build a deck that is a bit more midrange (but gets an edge in the longer run); while I try to stay mono black, play a more aggressive type that wants to end the game rather quickly (though is less powerfull in the long run as a consequence), and ulilizes different pump triggers - deathtouch, sacrifice, destroy - to deal damage quickly and unopposed ;)
Not quite sure if this strategy works - but it not, I now have a few upgrade ideas to consider :)

Cardgame Nerd

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2019, 02:35:39 pm »
@Gothos
Yeah thats my strategy and it works extremly well ! I often do turn 4/5 kills 8)
I also tried the more aristocrate way and it works okayisch, but it needs a good token engine like sorin, lord of innistrad or some cards from ixalan mostly white :/
Without token engines it losses a lot of tempo by sacing own creatures and thats where i see the problem in your deck. Aristocrats need a deck build around them.

IMO changing the aristocrat to Vampire Lacerator and the Vampire Nighthawk to Vampire of the Dire moon which is a nighthawk for 1 mana with Vampire Nocturnus.
Cut down Cordial Vampire to 2 and up some 1 drops. If you want a nice mono black lord go for Captivating Vampire.

Hope it helps :D

raqdancar

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2019, 08:28:39 am »
What do you think about add Legion's Landing in this deck??¿

Cardgame Nerd

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2019, 09:45:42 am »
@raqdancar
Overall is Legions Landing a great card, but it would not fit into this deck because it is completely white and would be clunky with the Vampire Nocturnus. I try to stay as much black as possible.