deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Auteur Sujet: [Pauper] Mardu Snow Pestilence pile  (Lu 335 fois)

burn your face

• Decks
[Pauper] Mardu Snow Pestilence pile
« le: Juillet 09, 2019, 06:38:51 pm »
Mardu Snow Pestilence pile

I have always wanted to build a mardu midrange deck in pauper. Unfortunately, pauper manabases suck. I saw arcum's astrolabe and thought I could use it as a mana fixer and it would be gas with kor skyfisher and glint hawk. This is what I came up with.

I would love feedback

Marshstepper78

• Decks
Re: [Pauper] Mardu Snow Pestilence pile
« Réponse #1 le: Juillet 10, 2019, 02:25:35 am »
I'm not sure what red really brings to BW Pestilence. I would cut all red cards personally. Besides, Pestilence requires black mana to activate so the less colours in the deck, the better you can use it.

If you want to stick with snow-covered lands, which is perfectly fine, I'd use Arcum's Astrolabe. It can fix your mana for better Pestilence activations mid or late game. I find Glint Hawk works better with Arcum's Astrolabe than Prophetic Prism as it costs less to recast.

I have a soft spot for Cemetery Gate in Pestilence decks, but I reckon it ain't spectacular.

burn your face

• Decks
« Réponse #2 le: Juillet 10, 2019, 04:38:35 am »
Thanks for the feedback.  you are probably right about red, but I just wanted to justify a third color in a fair pauper deck.

burn your face

• Decks
« Réponse #3 le: Juillet 10, 2019, 07:03:03 am »

Marshstepper78

• Decks
« Réponse #4 le: Juillet 11, 2019, 05:17:12 am »
If you are adamant on Mardu midrange, have you considered adapting Boros monarch to include black as a third colour? That seems a better midrange candidate than BW Pestilence.

burn your face

• Decks
« Réponse #5 le: Juillet 11, 2019, 04:25:42 pm »
That's kind of what I tried to build. I cut the artifact theme cause I already have plenty of removal, and I cut the battle screeches in favor of some pestilence and guardian of the guildpact. I'm not sure this is actually better than just playing battle screech, but I wanted to go into black more.

Thanks for the feedback everyone