deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] Muldrotha, the Gravetide - Nighthowling  (Read 314 times)

CrawWurm

• Decks
[EDH / Commander] Muldrotha, the Gravetide - Nighthowling
« on: August 01, 2019, 07:16:59 am »
Muldrotha, the Gravetide - Nighthowling

Fill the graveyard with creatures and close the game with Nighthowler and Wreath of Geists effects.  I'm trying to keep the deck moderately priced around $150 or less.  The deck relies heavily on creatures where possible.  For example, it plays Caustic Caterpillar over the staple Seal of Primordial.

I appreciate any suggestions.  Thanks!

Judaspriester

• Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Muldrotha, the Gravetide - Nighthowling
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2019, 10:31:59 am »
Hey,

some suggestions:
1. Clean up the land base. Muldrotha already isn't fast, because of her high cmc. The amount of tapped lands you play even delay you futher.
2. add some more mana ramp. With step 1 done, you'll end up with more basics (or raising the budget). Add some more ramp then, for colorfixing and acceleration.
3. don't be greedy. Cards like Mirror-Mad Phantasm are a big gamble. They can give you a big advantage if used right, but a big selfmill followed by an opponents graveyard hate could break your neck. I prefere cards like Monastery Siege or Sultai Ascendancy here. They are slower but gives you more control over which and how many cards go into your graveyard.

I've got a muldrotha deck myself, buildrestriction was 100 permanents (so that I can get everything back. It is build on a higher budget, but maybe you'll find some cards that fit into your deck.
https://deckstats.net/decks/112190/1051092-muldrotha-the-gravetide-perman
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

CrawWurm

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2019, 04:48:59 am »
Hey Judaspriester,

Thanks for the suggestions and sharing your deck list.  I hadn't seen Aid from the Cowl before.  That card is making v2.

CrawWurm

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2019, 05:46:34 am »
Added a bit more ramp and swapped out some of the slower lands.  Also, traded out cards to focus on the Nighthowler / Bonehoard theme.

Revision 2

Added/removed cards:
-1 Ashiok, Dream Render
-1 Fauna Shaman
-1 Foul Orchard
-1 Glen Elendra Archmage
-1 Golgari Guildgate
-1 The Eldest Reborn
-1 Woodland Stream
+1 Aid from the Cowl
+1 Bonehoard
+1 Dreamscape Artist