deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tema: MTG Animated Netflix Series  (Leído 940 veces)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
MTG Animated Netflix Series
« en: Agosto 01, 2019, 07:16:42 pm »
I know it's been speculated about some but I thought having a place for info being centrally located would be a good idea. Some are almost two months or more older, but it should be interesting to follow.

Here's links and info I can find so far...

https://www.netflix.com/title/80243664

https://screenrant.com/things-know-magic-gathering-netflix-show/

https://www.polygon.com/sdcc/2019/7/19/20701098/magic-the-gathering-netflix-animated-series-plot-chandra-jace-sdcc-2019   will focus on Jace & Chandra
This space for rent.

Shredwick

• EDH
  • Decks
Re: MTG Animated Netflix Series
« Respuesta #1 en: Agosto 02, 2019, 08:26:16 am »
Gimme dat Davriel
A single victory is all I need.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Respuesta #2 en: Agosto 03, 2019, 04:46:18 pm »
Okay, because no one else is saying anything...

I think its going to be a buddy cop comedy. Jace is the by-the-books, well composed officer. Chandra is the reckless loose cannon that isn't afraid to get her hands dirty. They'll have to work together if they hope to take down an international terrorist (Tibalt).

Shredwick

• EDH
  • Decks
« Respuesta #3 en: Agosto 05, 2019, 10:00:23 am »
I just hope it's not a generic fantasy show.  Magic stories haven't always been the most thrilling, but with the right writers, it could become a high-fantasy show on par with game of thrones.  I'd much rather see a story about ordinary people, with planesalkers regarded as more mythic beings, than follow Jace around for ten episodes.  I like him a bit more than I used to once he warmed up to Vraska, but he's still by far my favorite magic character (Xantcha, if you must know.)

If you absolutely must have it focus on 'walkers, then give me a ten episode season of a pre-ignited walker, make them an interesting character, make me care about them and their plight, then ignite their spark at the end of the season.

Otherwise I'll just stick to reading/writing fan-fics.

Honestly I'm just not a huge fan of pre-existing media being turned into a show or a movie.  It's more often than not a cash grab.  Game of Thrones worked so well (at least the first 6 seasons) because the writers/directors cared so much about the source material and did their best to make it as faithful as possible. 

Oh Netflix is doing it?  I'm intrigued.
A single victory is all I need.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Respuesta #4 en: Agosto 05, 2019, 06:49:02 pm »
I kinda expected it be feature Jace since he's kind of the face of Magic but I hope it doesn't focus too much on him. That will likely determine how much I watch.
This space for rent.

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
« Respuesta #5 en: Agosto 06, 2019, 05:04:54 am »
Game of Thrones worked so well (at least the first 6 seasons) because the writers/directors cared so much about the source material and did their best to make it as faithful as possible. 

Oh Netflix is doing it?  I'm intrigued.

I haven't read A Song of Fire and Ice. I tried to, but I couldn't enjoy it since I already watched the series, or what was released, which at the time was only up to season 7, so i am not 100% sure, but I thought that the writers deviated from the book series around season 4. Season 8 sucked ass, but that is an entirely different story, and not related to the lack of source material at all.

Martin has said that the show is "their baby" referring to the writers of Game of Thrones and the series, "A Song of Fire and Ice" is his show.

I agree with the fact that seasons 1-6 were really well, and I even enjoyed 7 immensely, but I don't agree with your reasoning.

I do think that the igniting of someone's spark should be done as a climax to a season or multiseason arc, or it could be done in the first five minutes of the first episode, much like how Thanos died in Endgame because Thor went for the head. Fun fact, the writers said that Thanos let the avengers kill him then, and if anyone cares, I would be happy to explain that point. I can totally see them doing that and then the series is about coping with this new found ability to plansewalk or something.
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red