deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Something new for White in Eldraine  (Read 857 times)

Soren841

• Decks
Something new for White in Eldraine
« on: August 13, 2019, 01:27:00 am »
WHITE CARD DRAW INCOMING????
Nils is the God I worship

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
Re: Something new for White in Eldraine
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 02:06:57 am »
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 07:03:19 pm »
White card draw is a good guess. I wouldn't be surprised if that were it. Not sure how they would do so in a way that wouldn't be totally against the color pie. Maybe every time you gain life draw a card?
This space for rent.

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 11:26:01 pm »
White card draw is a good guess. I wouldn't be surprised if that were it. Not sure how they would do so in a way that wouldn't be totally against the color pie. Maybe every time you gain life draw a card?

Something like dawn of hope? That seems pretty terrible, but it would be so much better without the 2 mana requirement. Personally I don't like the condition of gaining life though. My first though was it had to be related to something white does consistently, and gaining life sure works, but  drawing one card for each instance of life gain seems pretty lackluster in mono white. It would be great in Orzhov or something like Oloro, but they don't need that card draw. I guess this idea would work with mono white extort cards, but that is such a small population of white cards. I don't think a card that says "whenever you gain life, draw a card" would make Basilica guards good in monowhite. And to have something that draws a card for each point of life gain is too much.

Then there is always the mentor of the meek idea since white is known for their white weenies. Their Elspeth soldier tokens, but again I don't like the mama cost associated with it It is just too much, but without a mana cost, it is too good.

Another thing white does pretty well is exiles stuff. A lot of it's removal is in the form of exiling. Path to Exile, Swords to Plowshares, Crush Contraband, return to dust, EVERY SINGLE OBLIVION RING EFFECT! There are more examples such as rest in piece, I won't name them all. but what about an enchantment that reads something like "Whenever a spell or ability exiles a card an opponent controls, draw a card," or a sorcery that says, "Draw a card for each card  your opponents own in exile." I feel like this happens enough to get value from a card like this, but not enough to be game breaking.

White isn't exactly known for its excess mana, or its card draw so adding the requirement of the former to gain the latter seems like a bad way to do things.
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2019, 04:03:06 am »
Yea, Mentor of the Meek could work as well.
This space for rent.

dexflux

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2019, 12:04:09 pm »

Something like dawn of hope? That seems pretty terrible, but it would be so much better without the 2 mana requirement. Personally I don't like the condition of gaining life though. My first though was it had to be related to something white does consistently, and gaining life sure works, but  drawing one card for each instance of life gain seems pretty lackluster in mono white. It would be great in Orzhov or something like Oloro, but they don't need that card draw. I guess this idea would work with mono white extort cards, but that is such a small population of white cards. I don't think a card that says "whenever you gain life, draw a card" would make Basilica guards good in monowhite. And to have something that draws a card for each point of life gain is too much.

White does have access to Well of Lost Dreams, which is a decent lifegain to card draw effect. But so has any other color and it still costs ton of mana, albeit at a far better rate.