deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: My Ajani, Wise Counselor - Comments  (Read 261 times)

Comment Bot

My Ajani, Wise Counselor - Comments
« on: August 15, 2019, 01:16:06 am »
My Ajani, Wise Counselor

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

matthewconover

• Decks
Re: My Ajani, Wise Counselor - Comments
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 01:16:06 am »

Revision 2

Added/removed cards:
+1 War Oracle

Changed amounts:
-1 Plains

ATLadamL

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2019, 10:19:45 pm »
This *very* similar to a deck I had. I got frustrated with the Militia Buglers and Ajani's Influences, though—you have to reveal the card you keep and put the ones you don't at the bottom of your library. I'd often lose out on a bunch of Plains that way and, thus, got myself mana-screwed. Also, several of the high-mana-cost cards didn't pay off for me—I either drew them too early and didn't get the mana to play them until late in the game (which was often too late to do any good) or they didn't end up accomplishing a whole helluva lot for how much mana they cost to cast. I found this video: https://youtu.be/tKKPTGPpQ2E and followed a few of his recommendations. My usual opponent has some pretty formidable decks that required me to add more control than the Ajani deck came with, so I ended up with this: https://deckstats.net/decks/141292/1416212-modified-ajani-wc. Let me know what you think of it. In yours I notice the Eidolon of Rhetoric, which I considered, but since my aforementioned opponent was killing me not so much with spells, specifically, I thought it probably wouldn't help me too much. Dauntless Aven looks cool but I was searching more more life-gain cards to help me amp up the Ajani's Pridemates. I'm not familiar with War Oracle, but that looks amazing. I'm curious if the Reliquary Tower provides you more benefit than a basic land (maximum hand size has never been a problem for me).

matthewconover

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2019, 11:08:38 pm »
ATLadamL honestly I was not having much luck with this deck. It was just to slow or to week and by the time I did any significant damage I was to far behind. I revamped this into an Ajani angel deck that has not lost yet. The idea is similar to the Ajani last stand you have in your deck except I am creating 4/4 angel every time I gain enough life. The combination of Angelic Accord and Resplendent Angel with all the life gain and life link is a very good combination. Very quick I am flaying at my opponent with 4/4 angels and making more as I go. I dont know how to link cards and decks like you did in your comment but if you check out my Ajani-angels deck I think you will find it a good way to boot Ajani WC. Here is a guy using a similar deck without Ajani in it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yMhECYgE2I&t=304s