deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Amaz dq'ed at Magic Fest...thoughts?  (Read 1674 times)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 07:32:13 pm by WWolfe »
This space for rent.

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
Re: Amaz dq'ed at Magic Fest...thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2019, 12:13:59 am »
I haven't seen an actual video of what happened, not sure if there is one. I assume if there was it would've been in either of those two links, or the article I saw earlier on Facebook. And it was not.

Anyway, from my understanding, he basically shoulder checked the judge, by that I mean it wasn't just lightly bumping into the judge. The judge was intentionally impeding his way. He was silently enforcing the rule where  no one except judges can be in the aisle or something like that, and by not moving, he was warning Amaz to go sit back down.

I think he should definitely face some chastisement for not adhering to the rules, but perhaps DQ was a little too far. The point of the rule, from my understanding, is to prevent the players from looking at other people's decks and gaining information about their potential opponents, but I don't think that is what Amaz was trying to do.

Again I wasn't there, but I think to everyone who witnessed it, they would be able to tell if it was an innocent disregard/ignorance of the rules or if he was trying to get a leg up on his opponents.
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red