deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Vampiric Storm - Comments  (Read 2042 times)

Comment Bot

Vampiric Storm - Comments
« on: August 29, 2019, 03:35:30 pm »
Vampiric Storm

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

willow

• Decks
Re: Vampiric Storm - Comments
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2019, 03:35:30 pm »
My changes to the sideboard from Caleb's original build.

Took out 4 of the 5 lands because I could never see siding in more than one land in any matchup. Left one for if we're bringing in duress for slower games.

Undying Evil protects the Epicure against any form of removal except instant speed exile which isn't really a thing in pauper. Edict and Destroy effects and Tragic Slip will all fail to Undying Evil, unless they have 2.

Dispel protects us from counter magic against our Exhume and also can be used to protect the Epicure if they don't counter the Exhume.

Revision 2

Added/removed cards:
-1 (SB) Compulsive Research
-2 (SB) Khalni Garden
+2 (SB) Dispel
+2 (SB) Undying Evil

Changed amounts:
+1 (SB) Exhume
-2 (SB) Peat Bog

willow

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2019, 04:46:42 pm »
In goldfishing this deck I've found it way to fragile in that it lost to itself more often than not. If any of Exhume, Weather the Storm and Faithless Looting aren't in the top 1/2 of the deck, you just die when you try to go off.

So we're adding a second copy of Shred Memory to add consistency where we can use it to go get whichever piece we're missing. Cutting a Perilous Research as I think it's our worst card draw spell although Ideas Unbound is harder to cast and wrecks us if we wiff... We'll test it like this and see how it goes, maybe change around some of the card draw spells. Also an argument for cutting a Seething Song instead as it's the hardest ritual to cast on its own.

Revision 4

Changed amounts:
-1 Perilous Research
+1 Shred Memory

willow

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2019, 01:30:06 am »
Swapping Read the Bones in for Perilous Research as being able to go 4 deep is worth the extra 1 mana.

HOWEVER, we need to be careful now as with 2x Read the Bones, 4x Night's Whisper and 4x Street Wraith, there is a total of 20 damage we could do to ourselves in the course of combo-ing off. Which would kill us. This is something to avoid, so just have to be mindful of our life total. Especially if they have untapped red mana during our combo turn.

Revision 5

Added/removed cards:
-2 Perilous Research
+2 Read the Bones