deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] Nekusar Control Burn  (Read 360 times)

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
[EDH / Commander] Nekusar Control Burn
« on: September 08, 2019, 10:50:26 am »
I didn't want to be a generic Nekusar-Wheel deck so I cut all wheel effects and focused on Turbo Fogging it's just control now (while Nekusar deals passive damage) fueled by symmetrical draw. Finishers are Burn(-like) X-spells.

I'm pretty sure you guys can come up with cards I forgot, didn't know about, or neglected to see the potential of.

EDIT: What are your opinions on the land count? I figured I only need 3 lands and a draw engine because I don't want to draw too many lands late game.

https://deckstats.net/decks/93006/1401712-nekusar-turbo-fog-burn
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 09:54:51 pm by MustaKotka »
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

Slyvester12

• Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Nekusar Turbo Fog Burn
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2019, 12:02:48 pm »
I realize this might be a budget issue, but how in god's name are you not running Cyclonic Rift in a grixis turbofog deck?
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 12:16:18 pm »
I realize this might be a budget issue, but how in god's name are you not running Cyclonic Rift in a grixis turbofog deck?
Ahaha I should have mentioned that. Yes, a very good suggestion. :) However, we have a sort of a house rule that if a card is a "staple and must" or "any deck regardless of strategy will be better with it" it should not be played. This includes cards like Sol Ring and Cyclonic Rift. Also it is a wee bit on the expensive side.

BrettleyS

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2019, 02:49:36 pm »
fevered visions
grafted exoskeleton and tainted strike for the extra spice
minds aglow

what about those? :D

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2019, 03:02:21 pm »
fevered visions
grafted exoskeleton and tainted strike for the extra spice
minds aglow

what about those? :D
Fevered Visions is kinda flaky. Not that much damage, always the risk they can't reach 4 cards. If I were to go that route I'd play Ebony Owl Netsuke.
Grafted Exoskeleton - I'm really confused. I haven't got many creatures and zero support for infect. Care to elaborate?
Minds Aglow is a solid addition. I'll try to cram that in.

BrettleyS

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2019, 07:41:21 pm »
grafted exoskeleton on nekusar, his effect works with infect. it makes burning down the opponents way faster. i ran it in my former izzet burn deck, and it did some work
fevered visions can do some great work- in our meta least its not uncommon that it does like 30 damage until it gets removed.
double damage cards in red could be an nice addition too.. like gratuitous violence

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2019, 08:27:02 pm »
grafted exoskeleton on nekusar, his effect works with infect. it makes burning down the opponents way faster. i ran it in my former izzet burn deck, and it did some work
fevered visions can do some great work- in our meta least its not uncommon that it does like 30 damage until it gets removed.
double damage cards in red could be an nice addition too.. like gratuitous violence

I see, you're absolutely right. I play Grafted Wargear in some of my decks and I have to say I'm not a huge fan of it. My playgroup carries some removal so what I can imagine happening is as follows: someone lets the infect damage rise to 6 or 7, then they remove the equipment and I have to sacrifice Nekusar. I will have dealt 0 real damage and lost Nekusar. Essentially I'm not sure if getting the target stigma is worth the power this card has. Remember: I don't have wheels so dealing more than 5 infect damage per turn is unlikely.

Hmm... I'll reconsider Fevered Visions (it was one of the cards that got cut earlier). There a few others. I just don't know what else to cut.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 08:30:45 pm by MustaKotka »