deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Ilusiones U/W - Comments  (Read 284 times)

Comment Bot

Ilusiones U/W - Comments
« on: September 09, 2019, 12:14:18 pm »
Ilusiones U/W

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

Fozzieh

• Decks
Re: Ilusiones U/W - Comments
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 12:14:18 pm »
Hey mate,
I have a mono blue paper illusion deck IRL so I'm happy to see other people still appreciating my sweet teddy bears :)
Just one advice, though, Unsettled mariner is ... useless here. Most of your illusions disappear when targeted. That means that your oponent may TARGET your creature with spell, ignore the mariner cost, get countered, and your illusion will be still destroyed, because the countered spell targeted it.
Lord of the illusion gives tchem hexproof anyway and your main plan should be to copy it with phantasmal image, and theb the mariners counter ability won't be needed anymore anyway.

As for my subjective approach to illusions, I found out that mixing tchem with too much control is sub-efficient. When I had control-ish approach to my illusions I usually ran out of steam pretty fast, and the illusions lack some additional traits to tchem to pose a threat. Like, merfolks have many additional abilities, islandwalks, counters, draws... Zombies have deathctouch, undying, menace. Illusions sometimes have hexproff and can grow large but that's pretty much it. They lack elasticity.
After some experimenting I found out they works best as a tempo / midrange deck.

I personally use grand architect with tchem to make my illusions bigger and give me additional mana for spells like steel hellkite or wurmcoild engine. Or vedalken shackles. Combined with creatures like Glen Elendra Archmage, phyrexian metamorph and some utility cards that are a good target for phantasmal image (in case the opponent is wary of your lord of the unreal combo) you can make some funny synergies.

Do whatever you like with those suggestions, think about tchem or ignore tchem, whatever you like, I'm just sharing some thoughts. And have my like, Illusions were my first deck, I have it since about 15 years, so it's really nostalgic for me when I see them. Go illusions!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 01:51:45 pm by Fozzieh »

Los punkis del MTG

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 02:14:56 pm »
Thank you very much for your suggestions I will keep them in mind

DoubleBubble

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2019, 05:16:58 am »
spellskite is also kind of useless here as it "changes the target of a spell or ability", implying that your creature was already targeted, meaning it was already sacrificed
Im that type of guy who will (sometimes) beat your tier one modern deck on turn 1 with my homebrew combo deck. Check out my modern combo decks to find out how! : )