deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Omnath, Locus Of Mana - Comments  (Read 306 times)

Comment Bot

Omnath, Locus Of Mana - Comments
« on: September 25, 2019, 03:10:46 am »
Omnath, Locus Of Mana

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

insomniaworm

• A once honest red mage dabbled in necromancy
  • Decks
Re: Omnath, Locus Of Mana - Comments
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 03:10:46 am »
i like your omnath deck btw, i would include a couple more lands (but then i mainly hate getting mana screwed) however i woukd suggest you include Winding Canyons and Vedalken Orrery as they let you do the Omnath trick of flashing him back in before the phase ends after spot removal or wipe, keeping all that delicious mana.

i like the way you have so many mana sinks producing tokens (and damage), draw x10 and mana doublers x10 wow  nice.

Green Magic

• Decks
Re: Omnath, Locus Of Mana - Comments
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 12:30:46 pm »
In a play test I think it was turn 5 going into turn 6 I had such a board state that I went from like 150 mana to 150,000 mana.

I've only played the deck a couple times, one of which I remember and Omnath was killed 3 times immediately. Like before I could even equip a hexproof / indestructible item. The token makers are primarily there so I have something to pour the mana into if he dies (but not in a board wipe as that'd kill the tokens too).

As for recasting him with flash, and having already cast Vedalken Orrery, I think the problem there is it means I've drawn / cast something that doesn't generate mana - so what am I really saving by recasting him (assuming I even have the 5/7/9 to spare at that point)? If I have 100+ mana and no creatures to dump it into, then I probably still have the things that generate a ton of mana, so recasting him later won't hurt at all really. and if a board wipe destroys all permanents (oblivion stone / nevs disk) then the Vedalken Orrery would be blown up anyway.

Honestly, I was starting to think about getting away from safety and was considering taking out the 5 protection spells, Mark of Sakiko, Druids Repository, and something else (was probably thinking mirage mirror - but I don't think I'd really give that up) but I haven't really looked at the deck since shortly after my last modifications (August 4th 2019). So I've forgotten what the final thoughts were.

As for the lands, I run 35 as a standard, 25 in elf decks. If I was going to do anything, I'd be more inclined to add 5 ramp cards, like how I run in my Nemata deck. I'm ok with the small risk of getting mana screwed. It should happen to me less often than it does to almost every other player in Magic, So I'll take it.