deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Black/White Vampire Lifelink - Comments  (Read 626 times)

Comment Bot

Black/White Vampire Lifelink - Comments
« on: October 24, 2019, 11:26:02 pm »
Black/White Vampire Lifelink

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

Ryad

• Decks
Re: Black/White Vampire Lifelink - Comments
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 11:26:02 pm »
Only one question, do you think this is a Modern deck? Well, all the cards are legal in modern, but this is a very casual deck, not a modern deck. Modern is a competitive, very competitive format, with powerfull decks, not a format to play this kind of decks. Good luck playing this in modern.

ScarfaceAlex

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 11:36:15 pm »
As you said, this is very casual deck. Literaly made it with planeswalker set and few cards from my friend. I am very new to MTG so this was my attept to make something decent from what i have. If you have any ideas, how could i improve it, feel free to tell me, will be gratefull for all help.

0zbozz

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2019, 09:54:36 am »
Hey!
It's quite a nice deck!

Here are a few recommendations
I think it would be good to add more consistency (more copies of the same card) to improve your gameplan. It also improves your probability to draw the cards you need atm.
When you have the budget, here are some good cards that are available thanks due standard play (but costly):
Knight of the Ebon Legion (great early drop, good in the mid-game / late-game as well)
Sorin, Imperious Bloodlord (good value, cheats bigger vampires into play)
Godless Shrine and/or Isolated Chapel for a better mana base

Some lower budget options:
I would definitely recommend 4 copies of Legion Lieutenant (great early-play lord)
You could swap the four copies of Forsaken Sanctuary for four copies of Scoured Barrens (enters tapped as well, gets you one life)
3-4 x Legion's Landing (early drop, late-game mana sink)
3-4 x Call to the feast (token generator, good when buffed, synergy with the card down below)
2-3 x Sanctum seeker (good to get through opponents infinite blockers)
4 x Bloodthirsty Aerialist (unchecked, this will become an oppressive threat)
2-4 x Thirsting Bloodlord (mid-game lord)
1 extra copy of Mortify

Next question: what to take out?
There a different routes you could take. I think it would be best to build a creature-heavy deck with different buff-effect like Legion Lieutenant. There are also very effective lifegain-synergys with vampires like Bloodthirsty Aerialist.
I hope this was kinda helpfull.

Good luck with your deck!

ScarfaceAlex

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2019, 10:08:34 am »
Yo!
Thanks so much for your help. I have pretty much scavanged this deck from what little i have at home. But i will definitely will be replacing cards with your recommended ones (The cheaper ones, i really play just for fun right now, so I dont really wanna spend 100+ bucks/euros on few cards, although i see the power in them, so maybe in future).

Once again, thank you for your time and help, i really do appreciate it <3

Ryad

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2019, 09:10:08 am »
Other good cards if you want a budget casual lifegain of lifedrain deck are those:

- Vampire of the Dire Moon
- Gifted Aetherborn
- Vampire Nighthawk
- Drana's Emissary
- Tithe Drinker

If you want to drain life when creatures dies, you also can include cards like this:
- Blood Artist
- Falkenrath Noble
- Cruel Celebrant

ScarfaceAlex

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2019, 09:22:27 am »
Yo!
Thanks for you help!

I already went with the budget lifedrain/gain route, although missed the Vampire of the Dire Moon, so might add that too.

But if i can have a question, what is good Black card draw? I kinda felt like my card draw is pretty weak so kinda wanted to add few cards helping this problem.
Should i go for it? If yes, what card should i implement?

Ryad

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2019, 04:10:35 pm »
Card draw is an important thing, unless you are very aggro, in that, you should prefer put creatures or deal damage instead of spend mana in ways to draw cards.

Black colour normaly has a way to draw cards paying life (in your deck, you gain a lot of life it shouldn't be a problem).

Some cards I recomend you to draw cards are this:

- Arguel's Blood Fast
- Altar's Reap
- Costly Plunder
- Dark Prophecy
- Erebos, God of the Dead
- Grim Haruspex
- Midnight Reaper
- Phyrexian Arena
- Read the Bones
- Sign in Blood
- Vampiric Rites

Some of those cards are for a casual deck, not for a competitive deck, but lots of them are very cheap, so they may be good cards in a casual deck.