deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Pioneer] Calamitous Impact (Pioneer on a Budget)  (Read 1313 times)

gigifi

• Decks
Re: [Pioneer] Calamitous Impact (Pioneer on a Budget)
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2019, 10:17:16 am »

I'm thinking of an ending like scooby doo. I just ordered the 2X of " Westvale Abbey " I can't wait to play it in the deck ....; )
I'll tell you how it works ......

ComingUpCway84

• Decks
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2019, 11:31:35 pm »
Please do, excited!!

JuanDiaz360

• Decks
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2019, 07:58:09 pm »
I wanted to make a few suggestions for the deck you made for pioneer but I will be basing it off of my own pioneer deck which I posted on a link down below, figured we can help each other out or someone else may have some ideas.

First I would swap out Hordeling Outburst for Goblin Gathering,
Reason: Since you're running 4 copies of Outburst if you were to switch to goblin gathering you have a higher potential getting extra goblines by the 4th cast should the game actually end up dragging out

Second: Stoke The Flames gets replaced by Slaying Fire.
Reason: Slaying cost one less then STF granted you can convoke it to offset the cost but is it worth risking potential blocks when you can pay 1 more?

Third: Switch out Skirk Prospector for a Runaway Steam-kin
Reason: I personally think it would be better to sac the goblins to SGC to end games quicker instead of mana, plus with the number of instants and sorceries you should have enough mana in theory.

Fourth: Switch out Goblin Instigator for young pyromancer
Reason: This is more for the Impact Tremors and just gives more ways to bring 1/1's for cavalcade.

Again here is the link to my deck, I know I need to remove some cards to make it an even 60 so any suggestions will be welcomed also thoughts on my approach to this burn deck would be helpful thank you.

https://deckstats.net/decks/124925/1488378-my-mono-red-burn-pioneer

ComingUpCway84

• Decks
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2019, 11:36:39 pm »
Thanks for the comment, and the suggestions!!

I think it's definitely a judgement call between Gathering and Outburst. Personally, I prefer Outburst because it's always efficient- 3 bodies for 3 mana- and doesn't get weakened if I flash it back with Chandra; but Gathering is equally strong in the slot and has the potential to give more value by copies 3 and 4, so could be worth a shot!

I'm not actually a huge fan of Slaying Fire in the StF slot. Convoke is way stronger than it looks, and I'm often Stoking for free after playing a token spell or two first, which is an option that isn't available with Slaying Fire. Stoke just lets me be more Mana efficient and also tricker around combat.

Steam kin is another toss up for me. It would definitely be powerful, but the fact that it needs three spells to be case after it to give me my value back feels like a lot in this deck. We're not often casting 1 Mana burn spells, so takes longer to build up counters. In contrast, Prospector is cheaper (filling in the 1 drop slot) and synergizes well with the rest of our plan. Could def see Steam kin being good though!

Finally, Young Pyromancer is honestly the most intriguing card for me. I really like the utility of curving Prospector into Instigator into a 4 drop, but Pyro might be worth it for the sheer power it provides.

Will definitely take a look at your deck too!