deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tema: Crimson Wings (Ur Dragon) - Comments  (Leído 159 veces)

Comment Bot

• Visitante
Crimson Wings (Ur Dragon) - Comments
« en: Octubre 31, 2019, 05:06:08 pm »
Crimson Wings (Ur Dragon)

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

Judaspriester

• Decks
Re: Crimson Wings (Ur Dragon) - Comments
« Respuesta #1 en: Octubre 31, 2019, 05:06:08 pm »
do you already have Nicol Bolas, the Ravager, Nicol Bolas, Dragon-God and Dragonlord Dromoka?
If yes it's okay, if not, I would reccomend to invest the money in the mana base in stead.

Some ideas: Exotic Orchard, Fellwar Stone, Arcane Signet (expensive), Joiner Adept, Sylvan Caryatid, Cultivate, Rampant Growth.

Then you could do alot of slot optimizations in oder to increase the efficency of the deck.
As example, Reclaiming Vines. The important question here is, do you really need the ablility to destroy lands? If not, Nature's Claim or Return to Nature would much better options here, because they are a) way cheaper and b) are instants in stead of sorceries. a good spot removal (one target) works at instant speed and has cmc of 2 or lower (maybe 3 for special stuff).

Another card that catches my eye was Foul-Tongue Shriek. It's fine for token decks but do you think you get enough dragons on the field that the card is worth the slot? It would be interesting for 5 or more dragons. with 23 creatures in total, this is already a big amount. and if you compare the damage the dragons do then, to the life drain from Foul-Tongue Shriek.. err no.
A situation where I would like to play the card is sending enough tokens for a kill to opponent A and play this card on opponent B then for a double kill.

Think about the core points of your deck. what is it supposed to do? If you're sure about this, go through your cards again and think about they fit into this.

If you got some budget left, like already said, improve the mana base, since this is the biggest weakspot for 5 color decks.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

hermes_2

• Decks
Re: Crimson Wings (Ur Dragon) - Comments
« Respuesta #2 en: Noviembre 01, 2019, 04:46:38 am »
do you already have Nicol Bolas, the Ravager, Nicol Bolas, Dragon-God and Dragonlord Dromoka?
If yes it's okay, if not, I would reccomend to invest the money in the mana base in stead.

Some ideas: Exotic Orchard, Fellwar Stone, Arcane Signet (expensive), Joiner Adept, Sylvan Caryatid, Cultivate, Rampant Growth.

Then you could do alot of slot optimizations in oder to increase the efficency of the deck.
As example, Reclaiming Vines. The important question here is, do you really need the ablility to destroy lands? If not, Nature's Claim or Return to Nature would much better options here, because they are a) way cheaper and b) are instants in stead of sorceries. a good spot removal (one target) works at instant speed and has cmc of 2 or lower (maybe 3 for special stuff).

Another card that catches my eye was Foul-Tongue Shriek. It's fine for token decks but do you think you get enough dragons on the field that the card is worth the slot? It would be interesting for 5 or more dragons. with 23 creatures in total, this is already a big amount. and if you compare the damage the dragons do then, to the life drain from Foul-Tongue Shriek.. err no.
A situation where I would like to play the card is sending enough tokens for a kill to opponent A and play this card on opponent B then for a double kill.

Think about the core points of your deck. what is it supposed to do? If you're sure about this, go through your cards again and think about they fit into this.

If you got some budget left, like already said, improve the mana base, since this is the biggest weakspot for 5 color decks.

I have made a few minor changes, taking into account what you suggested. The deck was built for me by a friend, so for the most part i had very little say aboht what initially went into it. The first version of it that i put up here was after making some minor changes to make dragons a bit easier to cast by reducing costs or suppling more mana.