deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Mystery Booster Highlights  (Read 443 times)

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Mystery Booster Highlights
« on: November 12, 2019, 02:00:23 am »
Mystery Booster Highlights

There's already half a dozen lists of the cards you'll be seeing in Mystery Booster. I'm just trimming down that list of 1694 cards to something more manageable. Here's every card over $1 USD.

TempestGuy

• Decks
Re: Mystery Booster Highlights
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 05:29:03 am »
I don't understand the Mystery Booster stuff. Are they legal in what formats?
Boi I hope I don't die in a nuclear fallout today

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2019, 03:22:17 pm »
It's a reprint set, but there are going to be a few new cards (not released yet). Each card will have it's original set symbol, but there will be a Planeswalker symbol in the bottom left corner, to show that it was released in Mystery Booster.

Cards will retain their original legality. Knowing how this usually goes, the new cards will be legacy legal.

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2019, 04:08:49 pm »
Okay, there are some really nice reprints on their way. I just hope that the print run is high enough, so that this set will be noticable on the secondary market.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

CleanBelwas

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2019, 04:33:11 pm »
For those that care about this sort of thing, this set was also apparently created with draft in mind.

It's supposed to feel a bit like a Chaos draft when you draft with these packs, but wizards have apparently taken care to sculpt the card list so that there are synergies and combos rather than just a bunch of random things smushed together, which can often be the case in Chaos draft.

Feedback from the GP in Richmond suggests that they did a pretty good job with this and the draft environment is super fun, a little bit mad and suitably synergistic.

For those who like to draft, this could be a real fun option, though I personally haven't seen anything with regards to prices yet.