deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tema: Historic: Did WotC sabotage it on purpose?  (Leído 299 veces)

bradcoish23

• Decks
Historic: Did WotC sabotage it on purpose?
« en: Diciembre 05, 2019, 03:44:16 pm »
I'm not a conspiracy kinda guy, but something stinks here. Have any of you tried playing Historic yet on Arena? My advice, don't! If you like playing against Oko, Nissa, and/or Field of the Dead on repeat then fill your boots. That is the meta. Horrible games. Not a single card banning. The format is dead out of the gate. So you might say "why would WotC want that"? Here are the reasons:

1) WotC wants people buying product on there all the time. It is the cash cow, the golden goose (honk). Historic requires a few wildcards here or there, but you can really just sit on your collection and play with older decks. If Historic is weak then people play standard and if you play standard you need to be building your collection at all times.

2) But they created the Historic Anthology to "Rollout" the format. They did and this is why it is so stupid for them to let the format die. Once a quarter this would have been a major influx of cash. Through in a few crazy reprints and grab some quick cash. Profits baby. If the format stinks then I'm not going to buy cards I can't play in standard. 1+1=0?

3) Then why do Historic at all? Because the player base would have lost their flippin minds if it didn't get developed. So you make the format, but you just allow it to be bad. Later you can say "well the player base just wasn't into it". Nope, you never banned the same cards you banned in standard (or even in Pioneer) therefore making it unplayable.

4) How do you fix it? Ban the cards that were banned in standard. That is all. hard work, right?

5) Maybe they have their focus on other things, lots of products on the go. Well, they can make time to research and ban cards in Pioneer every Monday. I'm sure they can get one person to pull up some numbers on the percentages for Historic and see they need to ban Field of the Dead, Oko, Veil of Summer, and Once Upon a Time. There, I just did your research.

6) Why introduce Historic and Pioneer in the same quarter? Just stupid. Really stupid. So many Arena players migrated back to MTGO to play Pioneer. I'm Arena only, but I have to admit I'm longing for some Pioneer online. Historic could be that. Pioneer completely destroyed any push that Historic could have had. Historic had to come when it did, the player base needed an answer for what was going to happen to their rotating cards. Pioneer could have waited until after Christmas or close to summer in that standard low point that comes every year. I doubt WotC did Pioneer so close to Historic just to crush it, but it doesn't look like much thought went into it either. Let's announce two non-rotating formats on each of our platforms at the same time. We will put every effort into ensuring one thrives, so much so we do weekly bannings. For the other, no bannings and may we never talk about it again until next quarter when we sell another Historic Anthology. Might be dead by then. 

Arena has one playable format, standard. Saying you can play bo1 or bo3 does not make it two individual formats. Brawl is not a real secondary format, you can't even play it all the time. You get my cash anyway, give me a second format for when standard is dull as turds. Rant over.